Peninsula 6026 build thread

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiancé and I placed our order for the peninsula 6026 today and are so excited! We currently have a 20 gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo but the peninsula has been our dream for a few years. We plan on keeping mostly LPS and softies along with a highly stocked tank as far as fish. Does anyone have any advice? I’m currently putting together an equipment list in the bulk reef supply cart, waiting for that Black Friday sale until I order! Here’s an overview:
ApexEL
DOS dosing head(s)
2x MP40s (one on each side of overflow?)
Reef octopus 8” classic
Kessil H380 fuge light
Reef octopus varios-6 DC return pump
2x kessil A360W (still debating)
2x 300w eheim heaters (seem long)
Neptune ATO (maybe)
BRS dusk reactor w/rox carbon and GFO (running off the return pump)
150-175 lbs of dry rock
2x marinepure 8x8x4 blocks (enough room?)
Various apex connections and modules
Red Sea pro or tropic marin salt?

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiancé and I placed our order for the peninsula 6026 today and are so excited! We currently have a 20 gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo but the peninsula has been our dream for a few years. We plan on keeping mostly LPS and softies along with a highly stocked tank as far as fish. Does anyone have any advice? I’m currently putting together an equipment list in the bulk reef supply cart, waiting for that Black Friday sale until I order! Here’s an overview:
ApexEL
DOS dosing head(s)
2x MP40s (one on each side of overflow?)
Reef octopus 8” classic
Kessil H380 fuge light
Reef octopus varios-6 DC return pump
2x kessil A360W (still debating)
2x 300w eheim heaters (seem long)
Neptune ATO (maybe)
BRS dusk reactor w/rox carbon and GFO (running off the return pump)
150-175 lbs of dry rock
2x marinepure 8x8x4 blocks (enough room?)
Various apex connections and modules
Red Sea pro or tropic marin salt?
Congrats!

I started down an identical path with the standard WB PRO 190.5 instead of the peninsula three months ago. My suggestion is to consider prioritizing your list. IMO not everything would be needed day one and if you are looking to spread your spend, having a top or essential list would be helpful. For example, you may not need a fuge light or dosing pump for months after you start cycling your tank. Your cost will add fast. I had a budget set aside for mine and that was slightly off.

looking forward to your build...happy reefing

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phase 1 of operation peninsula...the saltwater mixing station is slowly coming together. Jebao 8000 pump (probably overkill lol) and ball valves from amazon along with 2x40 gallon tanks. All the PVC and bulkheads from BRS should be here Thursday so hopefully I can have this up and running early next week! Meanwhile I got the email to sign my freight document yesterday for the peninsula 6026....still waiting on the phone call to pick a day, luckily it ships from Jacksonville and I live just north of Orlando Special thanks to my amazing fiancé for the vinyl tank labels.

IMG_0827.jpg IMG_0828.jpg

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***Update***
Couple of updates on the build:
Drilled the two vertical tanks and am slowly working on the plumbing...fyi the irrigation section at Lowe's is my new best friend haha

Tank is scheduled for delivery Monday evening, I will be attempting to do an unboxing and build video which I will post. Hopefully the stand and tank can be put together that night.

Small order from BRS will be here 11/27 with my RO/DI 4 stage to 6 stage upgrade and 5 pieces of the large base rock from Marco's rocks, roughly about 60 lbs. This will be my base and i'll add about another 80 lbs to it. Waiting on the big ticket items to go on sale for black friday before I pull the trigger.

Current BRS cart:
Neptune Apex
FMM and optical sensor (diy ATO)
Marco's dry rock, 80 lbs
Neptune COR 20 OR Reef octo varios 8 return pump
Mp40 x 2
Tropic marin pro 200 gallons
Reef octo 200int 8" classic skimmer
Marine pure 8x8x4 block (can I fit more than 1 in the sump?)
BRS dual reactor w/rox carbon and GFO
Finnex 500w heater x2 (unless BRS can get thier new one back in stock by friday)

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a dry fit and cut some of the PVC to length on the saltwater mixing station. Forgot to get a 45 degree elbow to connect the PVC to the top of the SW tank for mixing, so waiting for that. Also need to pick up a hose and adapter to place just above the pump, this will be how I do water changes and refill the ATO until I get the DOS and run lines over to and from the tank. The @Waterbox Aquariums peninsula 6026 should be delivered by the time I get home from work tomorrow evening, thanks to my other half for being home and signing/inspecting the crate! We plan on doing an unboxing/build series on the tank and posting it on youtube so that will be fun!

IMG_0856.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! I have the 5526 coming once the reno done on the house sometime after new year.. thought about the 6026 & the 7226 but having a RS 750 as well i decided on the smallest peninsula they had.

I will also be doing a basement mixing station with AWC. hope mine look as good as yours.

did you paint the RODI and saltwater on the the containers?

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! I have the 5526 coming once the reno done on the house sometime after new year.. thought about the 6026 & the 7226 but having a RS 750 as well i decided on the smallest peninsula they had.

I will also be doing a basement mixing station with AWC. hope mine look as good as yours.

did you paint the RODI and saltwater on the the containers?
The labels on the containers are courtesy of my amazing fiance, she printed them with her Cricut vinyl cutter. Thanks for the encouragement!

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks from order to delivery. I've heard of some Waterbox delivery times for as much as 2-3 months.
mine took 3 months. seems to really depend on what and when they receive shipments from oversea.

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not get a Neptune ATK. They SUCK! I bought two earlier this year, one to run on my Apex and one stand alone for my wifes tank. They both have been back to Neptune twice due to failures of some kind and still to this day dont work properly. I spent countless hours on the phone with them and nothing has resolved the issue. I watched the BRS best of and they all recommend the Tunze which I ordered last week.

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not get a Neptune ATK. They SUCK! I bought two earlier this year, one to run on my Apex and one stand alone for my wifes tank. They both have been back to Neptune twice due to failures of some kind and still to this day dont work properly. I spent countless hours on the phone with them and nothing has resolved the issue. I watched the BRS best of and they all recommend the Tunze which I ordered last week.
I’ve since changed my mind (surprising right?) to just using a optical sensor to the apex FMM which will activate a small pump in the ATO chamber.

tippin.turtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a dry fit and cut some of the PVC to length on the saltwater mixing station. Forgot to get a 45 degree elbow to connect the PVC to the top of the SW tank for mixing, so waiting for that. Also need to pick up a hose and adapter to place just above the pump, this will be how I do water changes and refill the ATO until I get the DOS and run lines over to and from the tank. The @Waterbox Aquariums peninsula 6026 should be delivered by the time I get home from work tomorrow evening, thanks to my other half for being home and signing/inspecting the crate! We plan on doing an unboxing/build series on the tank and posting it on youtube so that will be fun!

IMG_0856.jpg
At first I labeled my water containers, with the belief my spouse would have a more active role in maintenance and would need a clear understanding of which water was which. After some time I realized that I was the only person using them and servicing the tank. Labeling was a complete waste of effort in my case. Perhaps you'll have a better outcome. I removed my labels for a cleaner and more confusing look for others not in the "know"....lol.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't you feeling like you are coming down with something and need to leave work early and maybe not go in tomorrow? I think you are. And you look a little pale. It would be a shame to give all your coworkers the flu or something. :)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a more serious note, 2 X Kessil 360s... are you putting those into a Hybrid T5 Aquatic Life fixture? Otherwise, I don't think that will get it done for a 5 foot tank. You will want some stony corals at some point.

I love the 360s -- in fact I had one take a swim in the sump over a year ago. Still going strong. Quality construction.

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My body hurts...
So after getting the stand all unpacked we quickly realized that the two of us would not be lifting this tank! I have never seen such think glass it’s incredible! So after a couple hours, two broken hinges because I suck at adjusting cabinets, and some plenty of screwdriver turns it’s built and the sump is in place. Unfortunately I’ll be at work tomorrow but Wednesday morning I have some friends coming to help me lift this behemoth! That works out because my next @Bulk Reef Supply shipment also gets here Wednesday!

8623E09D-259F-4F20-BC95-F02C627D6B1F.jpeg A19562DC-12F9-4700-A22C-9EB0EF7391FD.jpeg 17DE017F-6F1A-4D4F-B2F0-FFC23BFEAE05.jpeg 8B9B5EC6-5DB5-467D-AB39-A1C004D2E281.jpeg E52DF75F-50F8-40B9-BCEC-74EB820D21C8.jpeg D0828C32-1EB4-4256-9A74-C47F931F31FE.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 110 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back