Peninsula 6026 build thread

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good man. Do you have suction cups, or just manly lifting?

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have successfully lifted the massive tank onto the stand! Currently SLOWLY filling with RO/DI water from my little 75/day system haha so maybe it'll be full by the weekend. Not in any rush since I'm still waiting to place my BRS order until the Apex and Ecotech stuff goes on sale (fingers crossed!). My small BRS shipment will be here later today with the Marco base rocks and 4-6 stage RO/DI upgrade so that'll be happening tonight. Also going to pick up some PVC pieces to finish off the saltwater mixing station and hopefully get that plumbed in the next few weeks over to the tank for ATO and automatic water changes.

IMG_0888.JPG IMG_0889.JPG

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have successfully lifted the massive tank onto the stand! Currently SLOWLY filling with RO/DI water from my little 75/day system haha so maybe it'll be full by the weekend. Not in any rush since I'm still waiting to place my BRS order until the Apex and Ecotech stuff goes on sale (fingers crossed!). My small BRS shipment will be here later today with the Marco base rocks and 4-6 stage RO/DI upgrade so that'll be happening tonight. Also going to pick up some PVC pieces to finish off the saltwater mixing station and hopefully get that plumbed in the next few weeks over to the tank for ATO and automatic water changes.

IMG_0888.JPG IMG_0889.JPG
How many manly men did it take to lift this monster?

Zombiebrains

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the same one 6026 on Sunday it'll be here next week! EXCEPT I wasn't able to get the white one because they were out! Lol I guess you beat me to the punch LOL, I couldn't believe the sell they were having, the moment I found out I placed an order because I was about to purchase the Red Sea 650! I'm so glad I came across the waterbox website when I did!!

Zombiebrains

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at your sump and and the sump and refugium divider looks very different from the one that's advertised online, I really like the way yours looks because I was a little worried about the way it looks online, it just didn't seem like the refugium section was going to be big enough.

Screenshot_20191127-210852.png

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at your sump and and the sump and refugium divider looks very different from the one that's advertised online, I really like the way yours looks because I was a little worried about the way it looks online, it just didn't seem like the refugium section was going to be big enough.

Screenshot_20191127-210852.png
Sounds like we were in very similar situations. I was looking into the red sea aquariums but then when I saw the sale they were having on the waterbox peninsula I jumped on it as soon as I could. Yes the refugium also had me worried but when I finally got to see it in person I was relieved to see that it was fairly decent sized.

Zombiebrains

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what return pump are you planning on using on this bad boy? I'm not sure what the turnover for a tank the size should be. Thanks.

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what return pump are you planning on using on this bad boy? I'm not sure what the turnover for a tank the size should be. Thanks.
Reef octopus varios 8, I am planning to run my skimmer and media reactor off the manifold so i oversized it some.

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for today, tank continues to fill with RO/DI, we are about an inch from it starting to go into the overflow. I’d say another day or so and the tank and sump will be full. Ordered the bulk of my equipment yesterday from BRS, here’s a run down:
80 more lbs of Marco dry rock
Reef octopus varios 8 return
Skimz SM202 skimmer
Neptune Apex
Tunze ATO
Vortech MP-40 (one for now, total of three later)
MicroBacterStart
1200W BRS heater w/controller
Tropic Marin Classic salt
Bio-XPORT brick w/MicroBacter7

Future purchases will be two more MP-40s, thinking one on either side of the overflow box and then one on the opposite end. Still debating lighting, this will be a mostly softie/lps tank, maybe three XR30s? I’m thinking XR-15 freshwater for the refugium due to mounting space. DOS for automatic water changes, an FMM module with optical sensor for topping off the ATO chamber via a 50ml/min BRS doser. Then two 1.1ml/min BRS dosers for two part.

Thoughts?

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for today, tank continues to fill with RO/DI, we are about an inch from it starting to go into the overflow. I’d say another day or so and the tank and sump will be full. Ordered the bulk of my equipment yesterday from BRS, here’s a run down:
Skimz SM202 skimmer
Neptune Apex
Tunze ATO
MicroBacterStart

Future purchases will be two more MP-40s, thinking one on either side of the overflow box and then one on the opposite end. Still debating lighting, this will be a mostly softie/lps tank, maybe three XR30s? I’m thinking XR-15 freshwater for the refugium due to mounting space. DOS for automatic water changes, an FMM module with optical sensor for topping off the ATO chamber via a 50ml/min BRS doser. Then two 1.1ml/min BRS dosers for two part.

Thoughts?

So I'm doing the exact same thing with MP-40's... two on either side of the overflow box (Not yet, eventually).

I think because this is mostly a softie/lps tank, that should be great. If you were doing SPS, I'd say having a gyre on both sides with supplement mp40's next to the overflow box would be better.

In terms of light, I'm sure XR30/15's will be fine for your needs.

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm doing the exact same thing with MP-40's... two on either side of the overflow box (Not yet, eventually).

I think because this is mostly a softie/lps tank, that should be great. If you were doing SPS, I'd say having a gyre on both sides with supplement mp40's next to the overflow box would be better.

In terms of light, I'm sure XR30/15's will be fine for your needs.
Thanks for your reply! Yeah I think I will be happy with the two MP-40s, I don't have much interest in SPS right now. I think at most in the future I would add another powerhead at the opposite end, another MP-40 or possibly a gyre. Best of luck with your build!

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Nothing new to report! The tank and sump are mostly full of RO/DI, should finish topping it off tonight or tomorrow. My small shipment from @Bulk Reef Supply gets here tomorrow with my Brightwell bio brick, Microbacter7, and reef chili. Then Wednesday is the day....5 amazing large boxes of new toys! And of course I will be at work until 4pm lol. BUT as soon as I get home I will get the return pump in place and get the BRS 1200W heater in. Then I will probably mess around with everything else, get the apex hooked up and start measuring and arranging controllers for the board I want to make. Yesterday I found a great deal on a used/not used DOS from facebook marketplace. So I offered $180, went to the guy's house, he plugged it in and the lights turned on but I couldn't get the pumps to spin like I had read it should. But being the trusting person I am I pay the man and take it home. Get home, plug it in, and the power supply makes a small pop and goes out. Panic sets in...I search for another 24v 1.5A power supply, I find a 12V supply and try it, lights come on but no motor response, makes sense because the power supply is undersized. So after cursing myself for saving money on an uncertain piece of equipment I collect myself and ask my lovely fiance' to pick up a 1Link cable while she is out tomorrow so I can attempt to see if the DOS is good or not. Fingers crossed for Wednesday and it working. If not I guess the guy selling the DOS/DDR new in the box for $350 will get my money.

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One step closer to having the saltwater mixing station up and running! Got this 2x6 board up to support the RO/DI system. As soon as the ATO chamber in the sump is full I'll be mounting the RO/DI and letting the tanks fill up. I got my first BRS box today with the Bio Xport brick, Microbacter7, and Reef Chili. Tomorrow is the big day!

IMG_0927.jpg

TankLife87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimz SM202 skimmer
Neptune Apex
Tunze ATO
MicroBacterStart

Thoughts?
If you have the optical sensor for filling up your ATO, why would you just not use that as your ATO? Other than risk of a flood. Why have a Tunzo Ato and ATO reservoir taking up room in your stand when you could just ATO strait from the rodi cannister?

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the optical sensor for filling up your ATO, why would you just not use that as your ATO? Other than risk of a flood. Why have a Tunzo Ato and ATO reservoir taking up room in your stand when you could just ATO strait from the rodi cannister?
The ATO chamber is part of my sump

OP
OP
LT43

LT43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of action today! First I did a test run of the RO/DI unit in its new home, got a little wet but all is good now, just have to get that source water piece and clean up the tubing. Also will be picking up a booster pump and auto flush kit thanks to a local who posted one up on here!

The big news of course is my BRS shipment arrived! I’m sure my UPS guy really loved me today. So of course I opened everything up like a kid at Christmas...because that’s exactly what I am lol. Got the BRS 1200W heaters and controller in the sump and then spent the next several hours getting the return pump in, fixing leaks, tuning the overflow, and then of course playing with the Apex hahaha. Best part is the DOS I picked up for cheap off FB actually works fine with the 1Link cable so that’s a relief. Tomorrow I shall suffer through work and then come home and start adding the Tropic Marin classic salt, get the MP40 running to help mix the salt, and probably play with the Apex some more. I also need to start designing the controller board . Anyway...to leave you with a laugh for the evening, when I plugged in my reef octopus varios return pump I neglected to make sure my return nozzles were pointed down enough....so that wall across the room is now clean...lucky my soon to be wife left on her bachelorette cruise tonight sooo honey if you read this I love you bunches!

7C85958C-366E-49A8-BAC5-48139E624C33.jpeg 71DE3A40-9ACE-4147-8D47-AC1CE5E5BF44.jpeg B99504F9-4F91-4A39-8FB5-947D76D85B03.jpeg

Back