Peninsula tank for counter top

ORDrugby

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi just stared 2 months ago with a HelloReef 15g kit that i picked up new on eBay for cheap. love the tank and having a lot of fun, but can see the size limitations. I’m thinking about going bigger and for many reasons will be limited to the present location on the counter top. If i go bigger, I think a peninsula style tank would be the move and strongly considering the Red Sea Max Nano G2 peninsula. I would gain about 11 gallons and more display space. I currently have 2 juvenile clowns, 3 hermit crabs and an emerald crab. I would probably like to have 1-2 more fish in a 25g tank but don’t know what I want yet.

The countertop is 1” thick quartz so I don’t want to over stress it. I saw the Fiji 38 g peninsula but that may be too big (I think a peninsula style would work best). Appreciate any thoughts or advice - I would wait until early next year to allow tank to mature and stabilize.
IMG_9654.jpeg
IMG_9653.jpeg
 
I think you would be fine to have a Red Sea Max Nano on your countertop. 25g is a good size to get, especially if you want something to rest on your countertop.
 
hi just stared 2 months ago with a HelloReef 15g kit that i picked up new on eBay for cheap. love the tank and having a lot of fun, but can see the size limitations. I’m thinking about going bigger and for many reasons will be limited to the present location on the counter top. If i go bigger, I think a peninsula style tank would be the move and strongly considering the Red Sea Max Nano G2 peninsula. I would gain about 11 gallons and more display space. I currently have 2 juvenile clowns, 3 hermit crabs and an emerald crab. I would probably like to have 1-2 more fish in a 25g tank but don’t know what I want yet.

The countertop is 1” thick quartz so I don’t want to over stress it. I saw the Fiji 38 g peninsula but that may be too big (I think a peninsula style would work best). Appreciate any thoughts or advice - I would wait until early next year to allow tank to mature and stabilize.
IMG_9654.jpeg
IMG_9653.jpeg
Looks like you have plenty of real-estate for larger peninsula. I just picked one up for my granite countertop. 60 gallon AIO.
 

Attachments

  • 20251217_152549.jpg
    20251217_152549.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 63
I have a RS Max Nano Peninsula G2. I really like it. All you need is a heater, and I replaced the ATO. I didn't like the stock one. I just rinse out the sock every few days, 3 gallon water change once a week or so. Runs great.
IMG_20251006_084931477.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new