People building or buying full nanos now adays?

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debating on a nano setup (~20 gal) and I have been researching all the options out there. PC lighting scares me a bit because it has not worked for me in the past. T5's look more promising, but I have only found one complete system that offers T5's (CAD). For the nano folks out there, have you been buying the tank separate from the lighting component and piece-mealing things together or have you been buying "full" systems? This will ultimately turn into my main Z&P tank, while also having an anemone perhaps (think of a crappy version of Marvin's tank). Thoughts on this would be appreciated.

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not look into the red sea max. It is an all in one with t5's. and you only have one cord to plug in.

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the aquapod 24, but its got the PC lighting stock. I would just build your own, maybe hook it up to your main system's sump even.

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a biocube 14 and didn't think the light (PC) would be enough for a montipora. I ended up replacing the hood with a 70W MH. It was fine even though I was manually topping off every 3 days.

Honestly, I'd just spend the money to get a setup with a sump. That way, you have more room for things like a decent skimmer or chaeto. I know people stuff one of the back compartments of their bio/nanocubes or use a small basket to keep it in the main display, but it always seemed like a lot of things would have been easier with a sump.

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a biocube 14 with the upgraded pc lighting (72 watts opposed to 48) from nanotuners. It freakin rocks, I have had clams for close to 8 months, along with birdsnest and montiporas that are showing very nice growth.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
save yourself a sh*tload of cash and buy a 20g tank and buy everything used you'll save hundreds and only have the equipment that you want.. no junk pc's and you won't spend over 200

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my 20g long. Standard aga 30x12x12. 4x24w T5HO's. 15g sump. Mag5 return. CSS65(skimmer). And 2 powerheads for LOTS of flow! :D

kerrysroxy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stop buying and just built mine , I think some All in ones cost too much because everyone needs to always upgrades the lighting and pumps ...

I had mine built and I am happy. everything was custom.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my AIO

newpics2008001.jpg

newpics2008002.jpg

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back