Peppermint in DT or Sump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxngn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

foxngn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
246
Reaction score
127
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers,

Past week i gotten myself a peppermint shrimp to clean up some aiptasia.
But now it's job is done, i was thinking whether it is safe to place it inside DT or not.
I always read some said they will eat eay coral, while some claimed that they will only goes for the mucus that released by coral. Not quite sure which statement i should really follow on.

Within this week i been placing him with zoa, shroom, leather. I only been feeding it pellet for only 2 session up till now. No sign that it was munching on them.

I do not know which sp does my peppermint belongs to. As i only get it to do the job and not really for the viewing pleasure.

Please advise.

IMG_20210625_220643_edit_2120411572901449.jpg IMG_20210628_171625.jpg IMG_20210701_134602.jpg
 
If you are not sure then the sump is the safest place for the shrimp. Sometimes aiptasia will grow there anyway.
 
Well, that's legit though.
Hahaha, i guess that's the best possible way as of now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new