Peppermint shrimp & goniopora

  • Thread starter Thread starter thecostas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

thecostas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
27
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R!

Has anyone had problems with peppermint shrimp being all over their goniopora? Every time they open the male starts crawling all over it and he closed down. The female only does this after feeding.

They do this with our zoas, leathers, etc after feed but I am concerned that they are going to stress out our goniopora.

Are we just being ridiculous?
 
I had purchased 20 for my tank cause I had an aptasia problem, sure enough they did nothing for me cause if they find food they don't go for the aptasia. They might stress it if they keep doing it over and over cause then the goniopora won't eat when you feed. I would take them out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new