Peppermint shrimp popping heads on frogspawn???

  • Thread starter Thread starter hejjo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hejjo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2015
Messages
763
Reaction score
291
Location
Mchenry, Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new peppermint shrimp a few days ago and this morning I noticed several of the tips of my frogspawn are popped and receded. All my other coral are fine I checked my lvls and everything is ok. Only thing I could think of is the shrimp causing this. Has anyone ever herd of this before? Thanks!
 
Had a Peppermint not a Camel shrimp and picked a single head Hammer and Hammer did not make it; Donated Peppermint to LFS. We have Cleaner and Fire shrimps for months and no issues picking any Corals.
 
Last edited:
I've had a peppermint shrimp go rouge on a few LPS corals before. (chalice, favia, leptastrea) They're definitely not the angels I once thought they were.
 
Mine vanished I never see them. My aiptasia however did not vanish haha
 
They did wonders on my aptasia...and my euphyllias.
And now...peppermints banished to the sump.
 
He ate all my aiptasia then apparently went right for my fs :/

He's pretty big and my sump is slammed full of macro so looks like he's going back to the LFS
 
I bought six and saw no decrease in aiptasia at all. :/
 
Peppermint should never go in any tank. People need to not recommend this. Aptasia x and time. Shrimp took out 800+ coral in my tank before I caught them.
 
I have one that seems to have eternal life. Nothing bothers this little guy. He doesn't seem to bother my corals but now I'll be on the watch.
 
I saw one picking at my Acans and now they are dying!

I not Hate Peppermint Shrimp.

They did eat the Aiptasia at least.

Does anybody know if they eat Zoanthids?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new