percula and ocellaris clownfish pair?

bubbleclown

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Location
Surrey, British Columbia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I am thinking of getting a new clownfish because one of my clownfish sadly died. I am curious of knowing if it is possible to pair percula and ocellaris clownfishes. The clownfish I have in my tank is a juvenile true percula clownfish and I have closely monitored him for a while and he looks well and healthy. Do you think introducing a ocellaris will be okay or can I only get a percula clownfish. Thank you.
 
There is a variety of opinions of whether or not you should, but physically it shouldn't be an issue. There are many crosses between the two species, in fact here is a link to a 2010 article by Matt Pedersen discussing some of these crosses.

Like any other Percula or Ocellaris pair, I would suggest that the 2nd fish that you add be the same size or smaller than the current juvenile. Good luck!
 
There is a variety of opinions of whether or not you should, but physically it shouldn't be an issue. There are many crosses between the two species, in fact here is a link to a 2010 article by Matt Pedersen discussing some of these crosses.

Like any other Percula or Ocellaris pair, I would suggest that the 2nd fish that you add be the same size or smaller than the current juvenile. Good luck!
Thank you for the information and the article!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new