Peroxide and the use against flatworm

Chefzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh man.... Definitely gona try the peroxide dosing. I hate planaria almost as much as I hate clove polyps and I have both... so the peroxide kills xenia so I hope the peroxide kills the cloves as well.... that will hopefully solve my issues... I will keep ya updated

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get my hands on some AEFW... There were about 6 or 7 and of various sizes... I can confirm that 10 drops in 80 ML of water absolutely killed them. Once I get some more, I will try 5 drops in the same amount of water and see if they die overnight.

Hoeksemai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagged along the thread, I have been dealing with some FT but my main problem is AEFT, so if H2O2 kill both this method will be the best and most effective treatment against this FW...

acromike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
I had a nasty outbreak of some algae I thought was briopsis. It was a weird blend of hair algae
It did not look like briopsis. Anyway I have approx 450ml of volume. I dosed an entire bottle of three percent h202. I am happy to report I had no ill effects to any fish any inverts or any of my sps. My zoos did close up a little. Other than that it seemed to work very well. I started a regimen of dosing 250 ml every other day

I have been doing this for a little over a week

My algae is going away

I am really impressed
I was about to tear down the reef because I could not get rid of the algae

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kinda of inverts you have?
I have a blood fire shrimp I think I read they don't take the h202 well which is why I haven't done it yet

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shrimp will not make it IF directly exposed to h2o2.
People have to get creative on how it is dosed and dispersed

What do you mean creative? Like take them out? What about crabs and arrow crabs?harlequin shrimp?

Patekphilippe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,guy where can I buy Peroxide ? I did some research look like so many brand out there....I got full of Sps tank and some lps thanks advance

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving a bit of an old post here, but what do you think about peroxide's effects on zoa-eating nudis? How about on berghia nudis?

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super old and compelling thread... is anyone still using peroxide as a supplement or tool in the battle against flatworms? How is that going? Thx!

bolson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I'd give a bit of an update on my use of this method.

I started using hydrogen peroxide last Monday (10 days ago). I determined that I needed to dose 11 ml each night for my total system volume. I would dose at about 9 pm each night and left my carbon reactor (added new carbon prior to dosing) and protein skimmer running. I dosed for 7 nights as I had a very large population evident in my tank. On night 8, I replaced the filter sock, cleaned the skimmer and let the tank "rest". Night 9, with a much lower population evident, I dosed 65 drops of flatworm exit and watched the tank over the next 5ish hours. Yesterday was another "rest" day, and this evening I have dosed 100 total drops of flatworm exit. I will base my next plan of attack when I get a good look at my tank tomorrow.

A few notes: I feel like the hydrogen peroxide was an ingenious find and a very useful tool. The use of it before dosing flatworm exit, I feel, has mitigated the concerns with the use of flatworm exit. I did notice that my corals reacted to the first dosing of FE, but haven't reacted the same way today.

I only have a 6 line wrasse in my system as far as fish go. 1 coral banded shrimp, 1 emerald crab, trochus, 1 Mexican turbo, and assorted hermits in the tank currently. I noticed no ill affects to any thus far.

Hope this helps anyone considering using this.
Thoughts on poly lab medic? Are Peroxyde salts comparable to hydrogen peroxide? I have poly lab on me would it do the same thing (help with algae and eliminate flatworms) or should I stick to the hydrogen peroxide route?
thanks!!

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started using peroxide in low dose (3% diluted to about 5% volume:volume) for new coral frags and it seems to nuke all flatworms. No effect yet observed on acans or gonis. Only doing 30-60s dips.

A subsequent dip in Bayer has no flatworms fall off.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread, but.....

I have flatworm infestation, corals are ok, but else is covered in them.....

Is 3% peroxide still good thing, or is there new methods/problems with it?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back