OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all that are following my journal, I decided to give SPS one more go, and I am certain that I have discovered some issues in the tank that inhibited big 3 uptake.
1st- pulled mangroves, decided to use ULNS with AF products, if anyone is interested, I can descibe in more detail.
2. Added 1 liter of Matrix in reactor, daisy chained to 2nd reactor with phosphate minus. AF carbon passive in mesh bag, kneaded daily.
3. Added 10 more lbs of live rock, with branching pieces, making the reef structures look quite unique
4. Added 250 watt SE Radium, on 6 hours per day, supplemented with Kessil A360we maxing 80%, blue only. Absolutely crazy killer shimmer with this combo. Given tank is 24x24x only 21" high, I mounted halide 18" above water line, and Kessil angled, about 10" off water line.
5. Moved all Euphyllia out, and brought in a 10 pack of acros, including HW.
6. Added CO2 Scrubber BRS kit

Pics to come later, when halide kicks on, here is a teaser :)

20190616_112734.jpg

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all that are following my journal, I decided to give SPS one more go, and I am certain that I have discovered some issues in the tank that inhibited big 3 uptake.
1st- pulled mangroves, decided to use ULNS with AF products, if anyone is interested, I can descibe in more detail.
2. Added 1 liter of Matrix in reactor, daisy chained to 2nd reactor with phosphate minus. AF carbon passive in mesh bag, kneaded daily.
3. Added 10 more lbs of live rock, with branching pieces, making the reef structures look quite unique
4. Added 250 watt SE Radium, on 6 hours per day, supplemented with Kessil A360we maxing 80%, blue only. Absolutely crazy killer shimmer with this combo. Given tank is 24x24x only 21" high, I mounted halide 18" above water line, and Kessil angled, about 10" off water line.
5. Moved all Euphyllia out, and brought in a 10 pack of acros, including HW.
6. Added CO2 Scrubber BRS kit

Pics to come later, when halide kicks on, here is a teaser :)

20190616_112734.jpg

Yea the ULNS method for AF quickly out did my mangroves and they were in tank 1.5 years. A month after going all AquaForest they started to not do well letting me know the probiotic method really worked.

Nice to see a similar method being used. You should see great results soon.

Thanks for all your help with my set up with AquaForest.

Any new videos coming out?

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the ULNS method for AF quickly out did my mangroves and they were in tank 1.5 years. A month after going all AquaForest they started to not do well letting me know the probiotic method really worked.

Nice to see a similar method being used. You should see great results soon.

Thanks for all your help with my set up with AquaForest.

Any new videos coming out?

Yes,
I will be doing videos about each product I use from AF, here I will create a place for those who want to learn about how I use these products on my reef. I will break each product down over a series of different videos, they will be quick, the one going up now is a bio, background on me as well as AF products I have represented in support and sales. I am now just a humble reefer who wants to do this for fun, and to make something out of my sloppy You Tube page, LOL ;)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back