Pest eater for 13.5g nano?

MalenfoiReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers! I’m looking to add a pest eater (flatworms, bristle worms, etc) to my 13.5 nano. Current inhabitants are 2 clowns and a tailspot blenny. Was thinking a pink streak wrasse, but want to hear some opinions from some more experienced peeps :D

OP
OP
MalenfoiReefs

MalenfoiReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could probably do a pink streak wrasse, but you'd want a good bit of rockwork for them to settle in. That'd be my choice as well given the limited options in that tank size.
Here’s a photo of the rock scape right now before the new inhabitants got in today - not the best, I know

IMG_2055.jpeg

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a photo of the rock scape right now before the new inhabitants got in today - not the best, I know

IMG_2055.jpeg
Nice rock! Did that come out of an established tank? Should have a few spots to hide. Paradoxically the more places cryptic wrasse like pink streaks have to hide the more boisterous and "out" they usually are.

OP
OP
MalenfoiReefs

MalenfoiReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice rock! Did that come out of an established tank? Should have a few spots to hide. Paradoxically the more places cryptic wrasse like pink streaks have to hide the more boisterous and "out" they usually are.
I tried to create as many bolt holes and swim throughs as I could. And no, these were LifeRock from my LFS that I’ve been pretty happy with so far!

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Springers damsel is good for eating flat worms, not sure about bristle worms.
I have one in a 20 gallon along with two clowns and a yellow watchman goby and haven't had any aggression problems yet (13 months so far)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back