Pest ID help please

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening all,

Need a bit of help. I do not have any pictures so hoping someone may have had a similar issue arise. I tried to do a search, but when you see the subject you will realize about a thousand responses came back.

I am trying to ID a possible coral pest. I have a newer war coral. It was doing great, all of a sudden it started losing color around the edge quickly. Slowly one eye was turning white. I was worried it was light, flow, or water so I moved it a few times and checked water a bunch. It kept progressing.
I finally decided to pull it and dip it. I put it in a 16oz cup with 3 drops of Lugo’s. I saw a small reddish worm come out and go back in within a blink of an eye. I got him out once more but so fast could not get the coral out of the cup to capture the worm. I dosed 10 drops of Lugol’s to kill whatever it wasand put it back. The coral has regained it‘s color and is fine since 2 weeks ago. Worried I have something in the tank still.

It did not look like a flat worm and all my Acro are fine. Any ideas.

Thanks for reading.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,lets ask @KJ :cool: hope you got him ,and is no more:)

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google Syllidae sp,

I did, it said google KJ. ;Happy

I have another piece that has been downhill for months, but I never pulled it. I may try to get that out and see if anything comes out in a dip I can get a pic of.

thanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back