Pest identification help. What is this green thing?

akitareefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Messages
376
Reaction score
100
Location
Rochester NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look underneath the bubble algae, there's some sort of sparkly green nem....
IMG_8461.jpg
 
Looks like a frag of a Favid to me, let it grow out I am pretty sure it's an LPS.
 
Look at the "sparkly green" Favid type or Platygyra. Someone had a larger piece of LPS placed next to your zoanthids.

 
Last edited:
Green majano. Type of anemone (like aiptasia is a type of anemone). Slow grower, dosent grow big and dosent spread fast. Skirt may become bulbous like BTA. Don't anything that will eat it. Have to inject lime or something is you wanna kill it. Have never seen a tank taken over by them in any significant number.
 
I thought it looked like an lps, but I have remained silent because I didn't know for sure. The base seems to be encrusted onto the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new