Pest on Trochus Snail?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jud
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jud

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2016
Messages
105
Reaction score
84
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies for the terrible photo - took this after lights out with an iPhone and a flashlight.

One of my Trochus snails has two little protuberances coming from it's shell - one with a long strand coming from it.

They look like coralline, but I've never seen it grow in "spires" from the shell like this.

Any idea if it's harmless or something I should worry about?

9b10f33225e5581714eff8eb67d31640.jpg


4a1b5e954913673eaf8dd8953979f8eb.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new