Ph and mushroom questions

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I a little new to the hobby but I know a lot and work at my lfs. One of the only things I don’t know how to do in this hobby is keep my pH where it needs to be so I use seachem reef buffer.

Last night when I tested my pH was a little low so I put some of that in there and didn’t slow get there because I wasn’t thinking. So basically my pH jumped and now my mushroom isn’t happy.

I think he will open up soon if I am patient but I just wanna make sure. So will the pH jump permanent hurt it or will it eventually open up and how can I keep and maintain my pH???

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much was the jump in pH? And was trhere a jump in alkalinity too? I would worry more about alkalinity than pH as pH will fluctuate daily, seasonally and when the weather changes. As far as your mushrooms are I'd just be patient.

Upvote 0

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo pH is just a naturally occurring thing that has to do with your indoor air quality and how many Homosapiens are breathing out CO2 and creating large grocery bills for you in your house.....

I wouldn't chase pH if generally btwn 7.8 to 8.3

Best way to getting high pH during peak light intensities is to run an airline tube from outside to your skimmer. Needs to be less than a 15ft run though.

PH has more to do with the health of your fish than your coral, btw

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back