pH Equipment Control???

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I could not find any documentation on this and am trying to understand what the ph equipment control does. Basically, when my Seneye reports a high temp, I want to turn my heater off. When the temp get's low, turn it back on. That way I have a back to my heater controller. But I just noticed the temp logged over 79, and the heater was turned on????

Any advice and/or documentation links would be appreciated.

ph_control.jpg

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize that page changed, Lower Threshold use to say Heater Threshold and Upper Threshold use to say Chiller Threshold. You would only select the heater on one line and use hysteresis for the limit. How you have it set seems right but wonder if the labeling somehow changed but not the function? @Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the labeling might have changed, i can track back that, but you have upper function set to heater, is that intentional? that will turn the heater on when temperature crosses the upper threshold. set that to none. it is recommended to use some hysteresis to reduce equipment wear and tear

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the ph tab is a general purpose analog sensor control service, hence it uses upper and lower as literal labels for the target control devices, and not heater/chiller. it could have been there in past due to most UI elements being copied from the temperature controller. I am assuming you are using file or some other kind of driver to read the seneye sensor

OP
OP
TCoach

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the ph tab is a general purpose analog sensor control service, hence it uses upper and lower as literal labels for the target control devices, and not heater/chiller. it could have been there in past due to most UI elements being copied from the temperature controller. I am assuming you are using file or some other kind of driver to read the seneye sensor
Yes, I have several file-analog input for the seneye data. I'm pulling the data from their API with a python script.

OP
OP
TCoach

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the labeling might have changed, i can track back that, but you have upper function set to heater, is that intentional? that will turn the heater on when temperature crosses the upper threshold. set that to none. it is recommended to use some hysteresis to reduce equipment wear and tear
It is a lack of understanding on how this works. I'm using this as the 3rd level control on my heater. I have Reef-Pi power control (hs300) -> Heater controller -> Heater.

So the Low turns off and high turns on?

OP
OP
TCoach

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a lack of understanding on how this works. I'm using this as the 3rd level control on my heater. I have Reef-Pi power control (hs300) -> Heater controller -> Heater.

So the Low turns off and high turns on?
When having it control, upper is a required field, so I'm not sure how you control with this.

Basically, if my seneye reports a temp at 80 or higher, I want to power down my heater power outlet (Left hs300 port 0 aka L1). If the temp reports 77 or lower, I want to power on L1.

OP
OP
TCoach

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When having it control, upper is a required field, so I'm not sure how you control with this.

Basically, if my seneye reports a temp at 80 or higher, I want to power down my heater power outlet (Left hs300 port 0 aka L1). If the temp reports 77 or lower, I want to power on L1.
Any ideas how to do this?

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad, I didn't realize the data was from the Seneye so figured that was the temp tab not pH tab.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got it. So the ui /validation logic is forcing you to specify the “upper function”. Let me go through the code, and we can keep date it to not enforce such logic. Meanwhile , you can create a dummy equipment (with any of the unused pi gpio ) as a workaround, so that reef-pi does not complain, but also you don’t have to use heater there

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 151 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 121 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 52 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back