Ph falls below 7

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thondal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Man idk what’s going on my PH has dropped out of nowhere. I thought it could be my CO2 scrubber media but I replaced and nothing changed. Over the past 3 days it has dropped from 8.1 down to 7.15 and even read as low as 6.98. I recalibrated my Neptune apex probe and it read correctly at 10 when in the calibration solution. My PH is still sitting at 7.15. I washed a set of my felt filter socks and used detergent and thought maybe that could be it. I replaced those last night and ran carbon all night and still kept seeing a drop. What has changed is that I have added 3 fish to my 120 gallon 3 days ago. There is now a gem tang, Naso, 2 clownfish. The blue hippo didn’t make it after 2 days and wasn’t eating since I got him. My tank cycled a month ago and has been up and running for 3 months. I just turned on my lights about 4 days ago and I am now getting a diatom bloom. I’m honestly at a loss for what could be causing this. So far my tangs look healthy and fine. I have increased feeding to avoid aggression in the past 3 days as well so I went from feeding pellets twice a day to now 1/4 sheet of nori and frozen mysis 2-3 times a day. When I checked my PH probe there was a big chunk of gunk on it but I cleaned that off and recalibrated like I said and still getting an issue.

IMG_4179.png
 
Man idk what’s going on my PH has dropped out of nowhere. I thought it could be my CO2 scrubber media but I replaced and nothing changed. Over the past 3 days it has dropped from 8.1 down to 7.15 and even read as low as 6.98. I recalibrated my Neptune apex probe and it read correctly at 10 when in the calibration solution. My PH is still sitting at 7.15. I washed a set of my felt filter socks and used detergent and thought maybe that could be it. I replaced those last night and ran carbon all night and still kept seeing a drop. What has changed is that I have added 3 fish to my 120 gallon 3 days ago. There is now a gem tang, Naso, 2 clownfish. The blue hippo didn’t make it after 2 days and wasn’t eating since I got him. My tank cycled a month ago and has been up and running for 3 months. I just turned on my lights about 4 days ago and I am now getting a diatom bloom. I’m honestly at a loss for what could be causing this. So far my tangs look healthy and fine. I have increased feeding to avoid aggression in the past 3 days as well so I went from feeding pellets twice a day to now 1/4 sheet of nori and frozen mysis 2-3 times a day. When I checked my PH probe there was a big chunk of gunk on it but I cleaned that off and recalibrated like I said and still getting an issue.

IMG_4179.png
Update for anyone experiencing the same thing. Probe had a big piece of mysis or gunk stuck on it. Now so fine and accurate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new