PH moniter, Kalkwasser, mg, ozone, UV, refractometer..??? HELP???

BlastoLove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in need of Professional assistance...I currently have a 65g with 30g sump, fluidized bed filter with biopellets, and 125g coralife skimmer. also I am running 4 54W 48" VHO T5's 2 of which are ATI bulbs. I need help with a chemistry issue that I have been putting off for sometime. That issue is one of PH, Calcium, Magnesium, Strontium, and Alkalinity. I would like to start using Kalkwasser in my tank but do not have a PH moniter, my calcium seems to stay at 480? I recently had an issue with Dinoflagelletes and took some "extreme" measures to get rid of it. I have heard horror stories about it but I have seemed to beat it... fingers crossed... I have heard that to prevent it from coming back I can use kalk but need to moniter the PH, I also heard dosing mg can also help detur it. I don't dose calcium but it seems to always be high. I try to do water changes at least 7-10 gallons weekly. I also heard that UV sterilizer will help too. I just want everything to be healthy and for m tank to flourish. I bought an Acan recently and it's health seemed to dwindle rapidly, I think that had to do with my heater dying and my salinity being so high at the time .38... my question to you guys is what works best for you and what should I really test for and what equipment is a must!?!?!?!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back