PH Monitoring / Testing Tool Options Recommendation

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I would like to purchase a PH Testing Tool (not a test kit) to monitor PH. I do NOT have an Apex. I know there are two basic options...(1)...instant read handheld such as the Hanna Pocket Tester Option or the HM Digital PH Pocket Tester...and there are probes that monitor 7/24 offered by Hanna and Milwaukee. I was wondering what others are using and Pro's / Con's ....I am leaning towards the Pocket Tester as I do have 3 tanks and would be nice to use it for all 3 tanks..just not sure of the accuracy compared to the probe models.

Any feedback is appreciated..thanks in advance

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hannah pens seem to work better than my Apex in my experience if that means anything lol.
So they have one model for about $65 and another for about $145. Which one are you referencing, (or maybe both)?

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the HM Digital and even properly calibrated gives what I believe are accurate results. Does depend on the calibration solution and using the single serve packets preferable. I think my bottle might be compromised.

Having said that. Looking for constant monitoring solution such as Milwaukee or Hanna with the HM Digital 200 as my backup. Getting constant readings invaluable and often a precursor indicator something went wrong.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they have one model for about $65 and another for about $145. Which one are you referencing, (or maybe both)?
The $65 one is fine unless you’re looking for some crazy accurate reading down to the thousandth which nothing can test accurately anyways.

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The $65 one is fine unless you’re looking for some crazy accurate reading down to the thousandth which nothing can test accurately anyways.
So I am looking at the Hanna HI98108 Handheld. In terms of calibration fluids do I need 7 and 10 or 4 and 7? I assume 7 and 10 since we measure around 8.3, but thought I would ask.
Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back