PH Probe options

Oceanwolf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a FOWLR and an APEX EL. The PH probe that came with does not calibrate. I do manual Ph checks time to time, the PH probe is just for checking the trends. As replacement probe, I looked at BRS, Neptune probes and someone in R2R said Pinpoint is good so I bought that. While I was searching I noticed a bunch of AlibabaExpress lab grade probes. The prices are about $8-10 and the shortfalls are long shipping times and short cable lengths. I can order one and check it out, but anyone tried them?

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it and let us all in the reefing community know.
I know I just had to replace a couple double junction lab grade probes and was NOT happy with the cost
Another option would be terrific

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally spend the extra money and grab lab grade units from atlas scientific. They are close to $100 shipped but I have never had an issue with the 5-6 units I have bought. They have lasted longer than other probes and hold cal very well. Worth the money.

OP
OP
Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally spend the extra money and grab lab grade units from atlas scientific. They are close to $100 shipped but I have never had an issue with the 5-6 units I have bought. They have lasted longer than other probes and hold cal very well. Worth the money.
I would totally agree with you if these probes were manufactured in the US. But if they’re also from China, it is just a brand issue. For example, I just received 2 Optical water level sensors which exactly looks like Neptune ones for $1.5 each. I need to replace the cable but if they work out, they would be replacing $30 sensors. I also bought ¼” flow sensors, I will try them out too with my FMM. If they work out, I would buy more of them and another FMM.

AlexandraDreadlocksPanda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve given up using the cheap Ali/Amazon/EBay probes; they’ve been working out at between about £10-£20. I’m lucky if I get 5 weeks out of them.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probes work, then later, no so much, regardless.
Is there a specific reason you want to monitor PH?
I have not looked at in years.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back