PH Problems

ddreher47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay... looking for some help. I have been chasing my PH numbers for a couple weeks now. Right now my PH is 7.7. I have a C02 scrubber on the skimmer. I have been buffering the PH. Cal is 420, ALK is 11.1

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay... looking for some help. I have been chasing my PH numbers for a couple weeks now. Right now my PH is 7.7. I have a C02 scrubber on the skimmer. I have been buffering the PH. Cal is 420, ALK is 11.1

have you a lot of surface movement and is the room the tank is in aired well?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its recirculated. Would a fan on the sump help?

the idea is removing the co2 from the room with fresh air that replaces it, a fan will help cool the tank and help with water movement which helps the gases from the water escape but the air in the room needs to have less bad gasses in it to help the gases in the water escape, if the air is no better than the water, that is not going to help much.

OP
OP
D

ddreher47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's not much more you can do without freshening the room air, besides a scrubber on a skimmer inlet and high pH alk additives.
Opened the windows in the house and now the PH went up to 7.8. Looks like the AC is the issue. I obviously can not replace the central air but I was thinking about adding a window fan that would flood the room with fresh outside air. Thoughts?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opened the windows in the house and now the PH went up to 7.8. Looks like the AC is the issue. I obviously can not replace the central air but I was thinking about adding a window fan that would flood the room with fresh outside air. Thoughts?

that would be ideal, another option that would not be as good as your plan would be to run a air line from the outside to the skimmer, airing the room would probably work better, but may cost you more in ac etc

OP
OP
D

ddreher47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would be ideal, another option that would not be as good as your plan would be to run a air line from the outside to the skimmer, airing the room would probably work better, but may cost you more in ac etc
The skimmer is attached to a CO2 scrubber. The PH was stable until I put the Nyos skimmer on it. The new skimmer replaced a reef octopus. Any idea what side the airline goes on for the two little fishes reactor. Right now the line is on the output.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is attached to a CO2 scrubber. The PH was stable until I put the Nyos skimmer on it. The new skimmer replaced a reef octopus. Any idea what side the airline goes on for the two little fishes reactor. Right now the line is on the output.

sorry can’t help with that.

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you check your PH ? If its a meter, I would recalibrate and check if the reading are correct..

OP
OP
D

ddreher47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you check your PH ? If its a meter, I would recalibrate and check if the reading are correct..
Yep. That’s what my LFS had me do. Same reading. I also used a Red Sea test kit and it reads the same as the probe.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back