PH too high after CO2 scrubber

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roughneck
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Roughneck

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2022
Messages
65
Reaction score
32
Location
Moncton NB
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 6mths old SPS/LPS mixed reef and I recently started to monitor the PH more in depth.. Last week it was at 8.0 (7.8 at night). I cleaned my house HRV filters and it climbed at 8.15 (yes I know it was way overdue lol).

I installed yesterday a CO2 scrubber and today my PH got up to 8.48. I only dose All-For-Reef which from what I read it shouldn't affect ph too much.

My PH monitor is an American Marine Pinpoint which I double checked the calibration with fresh solutions to rule that out.

Is 8.48 too high (I keep my alk between 7.8-8.0dkh). If so would it be more benificial to the coral growth to let it go back to 8.1?

Thanks for the help.
 
You’re fine, when my media is fresh in my co2 scrubber I’ll hit similar levels.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new