PH wont calibrate - New Apex

andrewkg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been trying to get this to calibrate for about 2 hours now.. floated the bags etc to get to temp - cant get the red icon to turn green w/ the H probe in the 7.0 PH solution. Any help appreciated - shows PH at like 2.0 something right now
F1376E96-0CAD-4C15-81CE-9998D62480AD.png

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a stab in the dark, I had something similar to this happen when I was unplugging and rerouting cables etc. But not sure how it happened really, but I noticed there was a second pH widget and when I switched to that one it started reading correctly. the other one is not currently being used, I'll just delete it shortly. Not sure if this is your issue but it can't hurt to look.

Screenshot_20201207-194412.png

OP
OP
andrewkg

andrewkg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a stab in the dark, I had something similar to this happen when I was unplugging and rerouting cables etc. But not sure how it happened really, but I noticed there was a second pH widget and when I switched to that one it started reading correctly. the other one is not currently being used, I'll just delete it shortly. Not sure if this is your issue but it can't hurt to look.

Screenshot_20201207-194412.png
So oddly there was a second PH probs showing up, but it still isn’t reading 7.0 in the 7.0 solution so bit odd.. appreciate the help though

BiggieJohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are these brand new probes that have never been in water before ? you might want to soak them in tank water for a day or so and try again, or better yet, probe storage solution if you have it/can get it quickly (7.0 pH, buffered water) Never use RODI water to soak a probe it will destroy it.

OP
OP
andrewkg

andrewkg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really not sure what is up w/ any of this. Just calibrated my Hannah checker and my salt is 35PPM (Calibrated Apex). Temp is 77.1 on Hannah & 78.00 on heater. PH its currently sitting in the 10.0 solution - unable to calibrate the 7.0 still but wanted to see what it would ready
F802EB52-D055-40A8-9506-FE07CE7549AE.png

OP
OP
andrewkg

andrewkg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are these brand new probes that have never been in water before ? you might want to soak them in tank water for a day or so and try again, or better yet, probe storage solution if you have it/can get it quickly (7.0 pH, buffered water) Never use RODI water to soak a probe it will destroy it.
Yea brand new probes - the instructions said to calibrate then put in tank... didnt work haha. Will leave for a few days and order new calibration. Bit annoying tbh

BiggieJohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like you are calibrating the wrong port. check which module the probes are plugged into

OP
OP
andrewkg

andrewkg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much cant get anything to work - temp is the most odd to me.. Salinity is 35 - according to calibrated Hannah
E84362CD-877B-45AC-95F4-616674107101.png

BiggieJohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm, not sure, guess theres really no way to get the wrong port on the new Apex (I've only used the apex classic). Hopefully someone else has an idea, otherwise, I'd say contact Neptune tech support

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, this happened to me not long ago. The plug was not plugged into the Apex all the way. I must have slightly unplugged when I was adding another device.

OP
OP
andrewkg

andrewkg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you remember to take the plastic covers off the end of the probe?
Yea they’re off. Also followed up with support 99% system is defective. Been painful trying to set something up with Neptune. They are telling me no one can get on the phone until next week. Not even the temp probe is registering so it’s pretty straightforward some type of hardware issue (checked cables etc and rest many times now) It’s a brand new system opened 3 days ago - pretty unhappy with my purchase now...

OP
OP
andrewkg

andrewkg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOoo.. turns out the entire unit is defective. At least I’m not crazy - the customer service and replacement process is an absolute 0 for receiving a broken product at purchase. Very unhappy, would not reccomend. Does anyone know other controllers that offer same functionality dosing/testing etc. Bought it all... what a mistake.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back