Phenom3030’s Waterbox Cube 10

phenom3030

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2021
Messages
519
Reaction score
575
Location
Colorado Springs, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aloha all!

Just starting another build thread for my Waterbox Cube 10 to journal it’s existence.

This tank is actually a transfer from a Fluval Spec V 5 gallon tank. I actually won a $100 gift card from one of Waterbox’s live streams and decided I wanted to try one of their tanks.

For lighting I’m using an Ai Prime 16HD reef version loaded with a Worldwide Corals template from their 2g nano. The return pump has been upgraded from stock to a Sicce Syncra Nano. I also have an InTank media basket for chamber 2, the middle chamber, holding a bag of Chemi-pure Blue and WB’s bag of bio balls. I have a Duetto ATO keeping the water level where it should be. Flow is provided by an Ai Nero 3 which seems to provide more than enough flow at only 25% setting. I also have an inTank filtration cover tidying up the back end. And for testing purposes, I’m tracking parameters on AquaticLog. Phenom3030’s Waterbox Cube 10 on AquaticLog

For livestock I have two clownfish, a peppermint shrimp, emerald crab, and three margarita snails.
On the coral front I have some Pandora zoas, some green zoas I can’t remember the name of, radioactive something or other, and some blond hair blue eyed zoas. These frags are sitting in an Aquarocks frag rock holder.
BB7D8AE3-2E92-4C30-B689-F9CE63BC3FDB.jpeg

F7424201-D118-4819-9D35-109636B049D7.jpeg
 
So when's the next upgrade...? :cool:
Upgrade in this tank? I’m not sure what else I can add to it. But I’m open for suggestions. Tank upgrade? I think I have too many as is. Between this, a Red Sea reefer XL300, Fluval 32.5G, and a Mini complete tank, I don’t think I can handle anymore. lol.
 
Not too much of an update. I found a Saxby template to run on my AI Prime. And also added a few more corals, King Midas zoa, watermelon zoa, Halle Berry zoa, Sangria favites, and a juicy fruit pipe organ that has yet to open up. It’s been a few days so I’m not sure if the pipe organ is going to make it.
EC2E7235-53D8-4EF2-B51A-ED7569A3C935.jpeg

DE5FE011-9C06-4776-B17C-3142960D20FB.jpeg

21230D43-F9DD-49A3-8830-843F125B3852.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Added three mangroves! AlgaeBarn had a deal going on, but one get two free so I hopped on it!

once the get taller I’ll get them planted in more sand. Hoping they be okay on the rock and on the sand for now.

9B1DEEE3-99EC-4265-86A2-3E8ADD44C397.jpeg
 
Looking great!
 
I like what you have going on here! I'm running the same setup and programming on my Nero 3 without any issues. I do like how you have it mounted on the back, any issues with the magnet being in the pump chamber? I may move mine!
 
I like what you have going on here! I'm running the same setup and programming on my Nero 3 without any issues. I do like how you have it mounted on the back, any issues with the magnet being in the pump chamber? I may move mine!
Thanks! No issues with the magnet being in the pump chamber. It’s right below the return nozzle and sits just fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new