Philips Coralcare V2? and a light test request.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The word is out that you guys that have had one for a little while now. Are we going to see a light test soon?

Also I love your light testing it is very helpfull but... is there a possibility that you could start giving numbers for 30” or 36” depth tanks? The numbers for 24x24” and 48x24” are great but many people run tanks with 30” depth or more these days. Personally I would like to see what it takes to light a 60x36. I fully understand you can’t cover every scenario but it’s worth asking.

Thanks

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The word is out that you guys that have had one for a little while now. Are we going to see a light test soon?

Also I love your light testing it is very helpfull but... is there a possibility that you could start giving numbers for 30” or 36” depth tanks? The numbers for 24x24” and 48x24” are great but many people run tanks with 30” depth or more these days. Personally I would like to see what it takes to light a 60x36. I fully understand you can’t cover every scenario but it’s worth asking.

Thanks
Who is "you guys"????

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who is "you guys"????

Since this is a BRS subforum, I'm assuming he means BRS.

BRS has had these lights since December, so I'm sure there will be a full-detail video on them (if it's not made already, just waiting on the green light) once the lights get closer to release.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The V2 looks very promising. I think Terrence @ Neptune runs the V1s and his tank looks stunning. When these first came out a few years ago people were calling it best thing ever, but it fizzled out and disappeared?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The V2 looks very promising. I think Terrence @ Neptune runs the V1s and his tank looks stunning. When these first came out a few years ago people were calling it best thing ever, but it fizzled out and disappeared?

I know that Terence swears by that light. I think a lot of the issue with bringing the V1 to the US was really the form factor. Many of us reefers are looking for a more sleek looking fixture, while the Phillips V1 was very big, heavy, and industrial looking. Great performance, not so great aesthetics.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had my hands on one a short while back and stuck an Apogee PAR meter under it as a preliminary test. I think this one is really going to perform well when it finally hits the market. :) Once it finally becomes available and our team decides to bring it in-house, you can guarantee that we will give it the full works!

If there is one thing I've learned from testing brand new "latest and greatest" gear is that it is best to test them in their final product form...for a couple of reasons.

One, I think it's a waste of time to test something that has the potential to change once it becomes available to the masses. Who wants information about their light that was outdated or "beta" version?

Secondly, within that it's just difficult to test beta versions of gear that hasn't had all the kinks/bugs/updates worked out prior to it's release. Simple changes in programming and control can completely change how enduser reefers interact with the same gear which might wind up making the massive effort (and budget) we put into testing lights obsolete.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back