Phil’s Nano Reef 24g

xPhilx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2018
Messages
125
Reaction score
106
Location
Palm Springs
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at the beginning of my journey here and loving every second. This is what I have so far. My corals are just waking up here, so I’ll post another when it’s all woke up.

Feedback welcome!

655CADBE-32ED-4CBD-A3F4-4ED9C5D6E55E.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R, we’d love to hear a little more about your set up, looks good :)
 
Thank you

24 gallons. I just picked up the AI Prime HD light, so I’m still learning about that. In the back of the tank I have a Fluval protein skimmer that came with it. (Seems cheap) I also have my heater set to 78, corals seem to like that sweet spot. I also added a marineland penguin 200. All live rock with live sand. Water has been very stable. Thought I’d be more about the fish, but it’s all about the corals. LOL

14E5E38C-4100-4E52-9F57-101DEA46A3DF.jpeg


873543D2-E4DF-40C1-AA55-1EA2C1FE036B.jpeg


AA44503B-4B68-4964-9061-871D2ADD1AB6.jpeg


33E3FB47-A092-450B-BF45-6CE0916DA1C4.jpeg


D174CBA4-D65D-49D4-B50F-F06E8321A505.jpeg
 
They’re beautiful :)
 
I just added a couple more corals this week. I picked up a beautiful Space Invader and a Jack o Lantern. I'll have to post more photos. I also picked out my last fish, a Yellow Tang. He's still a little guy now, but. I have already picked out a larger tank that I will get later this year. Maybe my Christmas present to myself and Sunny (the Yellow Tang) I only worried about getting him because I think he really needs a larger tank.

More photos to come.

Phil
 
where you gonna put your gsp
I placed it on a rock in the sand. I know they can take over if you allow them too, so I'm looking to keep him contained on his own little island. Any advice other advice?
 
I can see why you love them, everything looks awesome :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new