Phosphate over 0.58 in a well established tank

benmed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno dude. Your tank looks great. The corals seem to be happy. If you get a sense that they are making a turn for the worse, THEN do something. These are pretty complex ecosystems which probably all balance different ways. Bringing your phos down is gunna have some consequences.

chase the tank, not the numbers.

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP-

Whatever you decide to do, do it slowly. Take detailed pics of your tank and compare it to what it ends up looking like at the new parameters. You might be right and you might be wrong. But seeing is believing.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... I think we can also see countless of examples where trying to fix a problem that may or may not be a problem actually creates a bigger problem.....which is my concern with "fixing" what looks like a fantastic tank just because phosphates are higher than the numbers are hobby decided today were ideal for a reef in a box. 10 years ago those "ideal" numbers for phosphate were undetectable. Then it was .03. More recently there is much greater acceptance(and a lot of success) at numbers significantly higher than this.
^^^THIS !!! :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back