Phosphate remover question

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am treating my fish with copper and was wondering if it is safe to use these phosphate remover pads next to the filter floss, will it lower my copper? Will copper make them un-useful?(the pads) or vice versa, heres the link:

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am treating my fish with copper and was wondering if it is safe to use these phosphate remover pads next to the filter floss, will it lower my copper? Will copper make them un-useful?(the pads) or vice versa,

When treating for disease, just treat the disease. You can address other chemistry issues later.

Are you treating with copper in the display tank or in QT?

As I understand it, it is difficult to keep copper at therapeutic levels in a display tank as live rock will absorb the copper. But worse, the copper will continue to leach back out from the rock long after you stop copper. But lets check with the experts...

@vetteguy53081 @Jay Hemdal

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am treating my fish with copper and was wondering if it is safe to use these phosphate remover pads next to the filter floss, will it lower my copper? Will copper make them un-useful?(the pads) or vice versa, heres the link:

Most of these phosphate removers bind phosphates and should have little impact on copper however - I question why you need a phos remover?
Are you using Tap water from the faucet? If not, you can alleviate its use

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back