Phosphate rx okay to dose all at once?

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any phosphate removing/scavenging product must be used with caution. Corals don’t react well to having phosphate stripped rapidly from the system. I’ve never used that product which appears to be lanthanum Chloride (LC). Hopefully someone with some first hand experience can help you choose how to best proceed.

#reefsquad

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melev did a nice video on just the subject, I just watched it and learned a thing or two.

Thats exactly who i was going off :) but will it be bad to do all at once with 2 fairy wrasse, 2 clowns, 1 fox face and 9 coral?

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When in doubt, take it slow! That can be true of almost everything in this hobby. I've never had luck with trying to adjust any parameter quickly. The best skill I've learned from since I started was patience, even when my parameters are significantly off. Plus if you do it over a week or two, you can test your phosphate to make sure you're not over dosing the phosphate Rx.

The video seems to lead you to believe you can do it all at once over maybe a couple hour period, but IMO that is risky. May be okay, but if you weight the pros and cons of dosing all at once I think you'll find there's not really any cons of taking it slow.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back