phosphates can’t stay down

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m at a all time lost right now i’m starting to lose corals left and right and easy to keep ones and it’s just getting so frustrating for me to the point i just wanna get out of this hobby. One day my phosphates will be 0.03 then within a couple days it can rise to 0.44 and i can’t find out why, i don’t over feed i started to use pellets more as it creates less waste, i run gfo and carbon and also have a ball of chaeto for my fuge, ive been using nopox to help and i just wanna get to a point where i don’t need to i thought the whole purple of a gfo reactor was to keep phosphates stable and that hasn’t been the case for me so i guess i need to stay on the nopox because that’s the only thing that seems to work for me.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m at a all time lost right now i’m starting to lose corals left and right and easy to keep ones and it’s just getting so frustrating for me to the point i just wanna get out of this hobby. One day my phosphates will be 0.03 then within a couple days it can rise to 0.44 and i can’t find out why, i don’t over feed i started to use pellets more as it creates less waste, i run gfo and carbon and also have a ball of chaeto for my fuge, ive been using nopox to help and i just wanna get to a point where i don’t need to i thought the whole purple of a gfo reactor was to keep phosphates stable and that hasn’t been the case for me so i guess i need to stay on the nopox because that’s the only thing that seems to work for me.
Probably more information is needed though: how big is the tank, how old is it, what is the filtration method(s), tank params (Alk/Ca/Mg) and N&P, dosing regimen, etc

How do you know that phosphate is killing your corals? My SPS tank's phosphate was at 0.62 last week -- no issues! How are you testing it? Salifert or Hanna?

Sorry to answer your question with questions...but...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back