Phosphates low Nitrates Stuck

  • Thread starter Thread starter Science/G
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Science/G

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2021
Messages
3,854
Reaction score
3,250
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates always make me nervous. I have always used Rowaphos to keep them down in the .02 to .05 range. I sacrifice deep color for keeping bubble algae under control. Recently, my Nitrates climbed over 20 and even with carbon dosing and water changes, they wouldn't budge. It took removing the Rowaphos to get my microfauna fed enough to chip away at those Nitrates. Lesson learned... after decades of reefing.
 
I think im in kinda the same spot 68 nitrates and .07 on phosphate haven't started carbon dosing again tho
 
I was having nitrates consistent in the 20 range. Once I started carbon dosing the highest I have seen it was 10 right before a water change. Most of the time it's closer to 5. I use Rowaphos to keep my phosphate in check. It was always around .8-1.0 no matter what I did. Now it's no more than .06.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new