PHOSPHATES

Garrett Leblanc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Location
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys need a little help I’m using a hahaha checker and started out with .80 on phosphates I put a gfo reactor on it and it came down to .36 over night I turn it off for the day and got home from work and it was at .43 turned it on again for the night and it came down to .27 turned it off for 2 days and just checked it at .40 why is it coming back up like this 125display 40gal sump
 
IMO, that is too fast of a drop if you have corals. I’d use less or use it less often.

My recommended range is 0.06 ppm to 0.3 ppm.

It comes back up as some desorbs from rock and and sand, and as foods add more.
 
Did you start your tank with dry white rocks? They can leach phosphate. I had to use heavy gfo for over a year to absorb it all out
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new