Photon 48-V2+ issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

York1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used this light for a couple years no problem. A few weeks ago I decided to change the lighting schedule so I charged the remote up then made the changes. The problem I am having is the light is not turning on in the morning following the program. I have to cycle the power via the remote a few times and then it comes on. Once its on it follows the schedule all day and turns off at the programmed time. Any ideas what might be the problem?

NormanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, might you have 2 or more Jebao SLW wave pumps and have them set to master and slave? The wireless connection between the pump controllers causes interference between the reefbreeder light and remote. Maybe other jebao pumps the the wireless master/slave option may also cause this, but I don't know as I only have 2 SLW-30's in my system.

I was having weird happenings with my V2+ shortly after installing the jebao pumps and reached out to reefbreeders and they said it was possibly the jebao's and sure enough it was.

Turn off the master/slave function on the wave pumps, then use the remote and go to the time setting and scroll through the entire day several times. This should get the correct programming to the light. Once that is done you can turn on the master/slave option again and experience normal operation for the light and pumps.

Now every time I make a programming change I turn off the pump link and do the procedure above and so far (about 6 months now) I've had 0 issues with the photon.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Y

York1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, might you have 2 or more Jebao SLW wave pumps and have them set to master and slave? The wireless connection between the pump controllers causes interference between the reefbreeder light and remote. Maybe other jebao pumps the the wireless master/slave option may also cause this, but I don't know as I only have 2 SLW-30's in my system.

I was having weird happenings with my V2+ shortly after installing the jebao pumps and reached out to reefbreeders and they said it was possibly the jebao's and sure enough it was.

Turn off the master/slave function on the wave pumps, then use the remote and go to the time setting and scroll through the entire day several times. This should get the correct programming to the light. Once that is done you can turn on the master/slave option again and experience normal operation for the light and pumps.

Now every time I make a programming change I turn off the pump link and do the procedure above and so far (about 6 months now) I've had 0 issues with the photon.

Hope that helps.

I do have a set of jebao SLW wave pumps on another system about 15 from this tank. I am pretty sure this is the first time I have changed anything on the photon since i installed the SLW pumps. I will give your advice a try!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a set of jebao SLW wave pumps on another system about 15 from this tank. I am pretty sure this is the first time I have changed anything on the photon since i installed the SLW pumps. I will give your advice a try!
Jebao pumps can interfere- do let me know if the light is more responsive after shutting off the wireless linking on those. This only needs to be done while programming, once you've set everything you can toggle that back on.

OP
OP
Y

York1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke to soon. Still having issues so i reset to factory settings and redid my light schedule. Came home today and the light were on but not according to the schedule. Mostly just the blues were on. The remote shows the schedule correctly and if i cycle the power the light comes back on according to schedule

NormanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmmm, dunno, all I can say is make double sure the Jebao pump master/slave is off when setting up the lights.

Other than that, I'd reach out to Reefbreeders for other suggestions. I've found them very quick to respond.

Good Luck!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke to soon. Still having issues so i reset to factory settings and redid my light schedule. Came home today and the light were on but not according to the schedule. Mostly just the blues were on. The remote shows the schedule correctly and if i cycle the power the light comes back on according to schedule
Go ahead and send me an email- logan at reefbreeders. If needed I can get you a new receiver board for your light under warranty.

Most likely though just need to make sure jebao pumps are unplugged while running through these steps:

1) Press menu, go to custom and scroll all the way to the hours.

2) Scroll through all 24 hours multiple times (you can do this quickly, you're not looking at the numbers just cycling every hour multiple times).

3) Press OK

4) Reset the clock by pressing and holding the up/down arrow keys at the same time simultaneously. If the time is already correct, change it by 1 hour then change it back before pressing OK.

5) Press and hold the left+right arrow key. A wifi symbol should appear on the screen and flash for a few seconds.

Pepsi5450

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello new to this post but came across this post looking for a fix for my remote not communicating with my lights. Sure hope this fixes the issue. Thanks for the write

tim132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hope that helps.

Fantastic!! I've been wondering what the issue was myself and I have recently set my Jebao pumps to master and slave.

Thanks so much!!!

eadsziedoesit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reset my lights to factory now my remote is flashing in and off and won’t respond

Attachments

• IMG_1526.MOV
    30 MB

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back