Photon V2+ Light Spread Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently in the planning stages for my next reef build and am considering using two Photon 32s over a 60 inch x 30 inch wide x 24 in high tank that will be filled with mostly SPS. Will the light spread front to back be enough to cover the 30 inches if two of these are setup running parallel to the length of the tank? (Sorry if this question had been asked and answered before I tried a few searches and didn't see anything.)

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will with easy.

I have a new DIY 90g tank (36x30x20) and I use 2 Photons V2+. A 24" at the front (24" because I already owned it) and a new 32" at the rear (so light can reach around my overflow better). I run the front one with more white light and the back one with more blue and it adds a bit of depth (front to back) when looking into the tank.

Be careful with the PAR where the light from the 2 fixtures overlap. The PAR can get quite high if you run them at high intensity levels. I'm happy to share info if you're interested.

This tank is only 2 months running and the rockscape is still a work in progress. I'm considering fixture mounts that attach to the rear glass. I has 2 made but forgot that the new tank would be 30" instead of 24" and had them made too short!!! ;Wideyed

20200117_163512.jpg

GrndHog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 over a 48x24 and added 2 light bars and it’s absolutely perfect!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently in the planning stages for my next reef build and am considering using two Photon 32s over a 60 inch x 30 inch wide x 24 in high tank that will be filled with mostly SPS. Will the light spread front to back be enough to cover the 30 inches if two of these are setup running parallel to the length of the tank? (Sorry if this question had been asked and answered before I tried a few searches and didn't see anything.)

I recommend a Photon 50-V2+, with a pair of lumenbars (one royal ice, one high octane UV) since your tank is 30" wide, that will help with the spread front to back.

OP
OP
radav88

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thanks for the replies this was very helpful.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back