Physical methods of carbon dosing

djbetterly

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
907
Reaction score
265
Location
Nutley, NJ (AKA - The Nut)
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that carbon dose, how do you do it? I currently have a two channel doser for 2 part dosing and don't really want to spend the money on an additional pump.
 
I bought a BRS drews doser few years ago for vodka dosing. Used with a timer and now an apex. Never missed a beat.
 
Well I splurged and purchased the Neptune Systems Apex DOS Doser. This is an incredible piece of hardware. You can dose as little as .1ml at a time. Very happy with this unit.
 
I manually dose biopellets about every three months or so. :tongue:


Solid carbon dosing.....the only way to go! Let the bacterial come to you.
 
I manually fill up my vodka bottle every 6 months. 1.75L

Liquid carbon dosing is the only way to go!! lol

Sorry, couldn't help it! I only have to touch the thing twice a year and around here the 1.75L of cheap vodka is, well, cheap!
 
Last edited:
I dose everyday, using a childs medicine syringe. 28mls a day. Dosing Vodka
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new