phyto feast

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey does anyone here have experience using phyto feast? i was reading the directions and it’s telling me to add a certain amount of drops of this every day. i was wondering if this makes your nitrates spike? thanks!

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I've used it... My inital answer is "no" it won't spike nitrates as long as you have creatures that will consume the phyto.

I've gone now to feeding phytoplankton to my refugium and tank every other day, mostly to feed my growing copepod population.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't find live phyto, or its not practical for you (its not super convenient for me) i recommend easy reefs easybooster. You can hook it up to a doser and I haven't seen any issues with nutrient spike using it.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It likely won't cause any nutrient issues. Phytoplankton will benefit just about everything in your system, as herbivory (eating Phytoplankton) in corals in pretty widespread. So from microfauna to corals it's feeding a lot of your system.

OP
OP
lazycouch

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It likely won't cause any nutrient issues. Phytoplankton will benefit just about everything in your system, as herbivory (eating Phytoplankton) in corals in pretty widespread. So from microfauna to corals it's feeding a lot of your system.
thanks for the info! do the benefits decrease if the phyto is not live?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back