pic of your favorite sps

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets see pics of your most favorite sps corals in your tank (okay, okay...top 3 since its hard to choose just one. ;) )

this guy is pretty much my favorite. pink stylo with green polyps. just starting to color up real good now that its growing. still getting better with my camera, will have to post some top down shots i took of it earlier tonight...amazing.
pink%20with%20green%20polyps%20stylo.jpg

ORA blue polyped acro
ORA%20blue%20polyped%20acro.jpg

and the infamous sunset monti
sunset%20monti.jpg

there are some others waiting in the wings. but since they are frags they haven't really colored up to anything amazing yet. this includes the tyree undata, and flower petal cap.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the blue polyped green acro... I finally got my must haves and now need to add another :) .

Blueberry danae
Monti-Blueberry-danae-11110.jpg

Monti-Blueberry-danae-cu-11.jpg

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd. Once again, it counted 6 pictures when there were only four, so it wouldn't let me post...
Mike Paletta Blue (need to get some pics of some I just got that haven't done this with the color yet-normally, they are brown, green, and blue...)
Acro-tenius-Mike-Palleta-Bl.jpg

Neon Green A. aculeus (horrible picture, but the green is so green-coupled with th eblue of the lighting-that tyhe camera can't get a good shot of it...)
Acro-aculeus-neon-green-111.jpg

These are some of my favorites. Can't say they are all of them. The purple bonsai, the green bonsai, and the ocean blue Stylo (all Garf corals) are some other striking pieces, not to mention the turquise stag from ORA, etc... I'll limit myself to four pics, though ;) .

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so its a danae? i just got a frag of this exact same thing. it was sold as varacussa (sp?) though. looks great. ;)

they are identical except for corallite size, danae has smaller corallites; without skeletal examination you'd be lucky to narrow it down to 5 possibilities.

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines a hoeksmai. Cant get a pic right now, But its my all time favorite!!!

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't really have a favorite sps, but this was my first acro, gotten as a small frag more than a year ago.
P1023356.jpg

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've been calling it danae, but it is very similar to several others. When I checked the whelk site, it looked like mine kinda matched the danae, but the differences are so minute. They say the SM monti is a danae, but I can't see that. The corallites are either very tiny or non existent on the ones I've seen (mine is smooth and I am pretty sure it came indirectly from copps, so I am pretty certain it is the LE).

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've been calling it danae, but it is very similar to several others. When I checked the whelk site, it looked like mine kinda matched the danae, but the differences are so minute. They say the SM monti is a danae, but I can't see that. The corallites are either very tiny or non existent on the ones I've seen (mine is smooth and I am pretty sure it came indirectly from copps, so I am pretty certain it is the LE).
i believe the superman to be a M. tuberculosa
http://www2.aims.gov.au/coralsearch/html/201-300/Species pages/275.htm

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Pics and frags Jesse! :)

Im liking monti's, a whole lot. I think i might have some in my frag tank, when i set it up, to see if i can handle SPS....just monti's though. :****:

Steve :)

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I would compare it to a oregon tort. I highly suggest you get one, You wont be let down.
They grow slower than torts do. IMO I see very little growth.

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i could get to my pics i would show you, They actually look nicer than the pic here.
Get one as big as you can get. Mostlikely they will not grow very much.
If you start off with a frag it will take a looong time before you could get a colony out of it.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 132 74.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back