Picasso Clowns and LTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter EtxReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EtxReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2016
Messages
100
Reaction score
76
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I’d post this for anyone struggling to get their clowns to host. I’ve had 2 juvenile Picassos for 3 weeks now and they’ve shown no signs of wanting to be hosted by my large long tentacle(I know this is not their natural host). Last night on a whim I played a loop of clownfish hosting anemones from YouTube right in front of the anemone once the lights went off. Took all of 15 minutes and they hopped right in.

I read that somewhere here that it may work, and still can’t believe that actually worked lol.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8701.jpeg
    IMG_8701.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8704.jpeg
    IMG_8704.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8721.jpeg
    IMG_8721.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 45
She will let him back in, looks good
 
Nice purple lta, any plans for different colored ones?
 
Nice purple lta, any plans for different colored ones?
I would really like to get a red lta or a Sherman rose bta. Also wouldn’t mind one of the gold variants that grow large like Colorados. Not a huge fan of the small btas that split everywhere. Just not sure where to order as my lfs rarely gets any nice anemones in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new