Picasso Percula Clowns and RBTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter msujohn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

msujohn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
177
Reaction score
28
Location
Saint Charles, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help and guidance. I have had a pair of clowns in my tank for about 5 years. They typically hang out by my overflow on the left side of the tank (90 gallon). About 2 years ago, I bought 1 Rose Bubble Tip Anemone and tried to place him on rocks close to where the clowns hang out. Of course, the RBTA moved to the far left side of the tank. It has now split over the last 2 years and I have about 7 RBTA's. My clowns have not shown any interest in the Anemone at all. I thought that the RBTA was a good host for my type of clowns. Is there anything that I can do in order to encourage the clowns?
 
Nothing you can do unless you force them to host in a container but that does more harm than good imo.
 
Nothing you can really do, especially since RBTA are not natural host for Perculas. Some will just and some will not, it's just a roll of the dice. I was lucky enough that my Percula decided after a month to just in my RBTA but then I lost that anemone in a move. Clown found refuge in my hammer coral, I them got a Green Bubble Tip but it took a few months for her to even recognize it. Now she jumps back and forth between the anemone and hammer coral.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new