Picassos and Black O's

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have them? I've got one black O and I'm looking for another one (hopefully getting one in the next few weeks). However, I would LOVE to get my hands on a pair of picassos. If you have either the Picassos or the Black Ocellaris, or even some cool misbars, post some pics! Snowflakes would be great too. Thanks in advance!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know where you some tank raised Black O at a pretty good price! I just picked up a pair of onyx clowns for $30 from him. He is fairly local to me.

kurbs

Zoa & Paly Luva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my pair of Black Clowns. This is the best pic(s) that I have right now.

DSC05334.jpg

DSC05336.jpg

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair, but I lost the female two days after I got her. I don't have any pics though. I still have the male, but he is a sad excuse for a picasso. The female was beautiful!

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My misbar black perc, i think he missed this branch of the Frogspawn after i fragged it lol

100_0549.jpg

P4200161.jpg

P1080133.jpg

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking clows. Just an FYI guys, there is no such thing as a Black Percula, they're Ocellaris. So the chances of them pairing up are slim to none, unless you're trying to create a hybrid, but that's a whole other can of worms I'd rather not consider :p

Last edited:

weimers75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Percs and occys will pair up, and its not unheard of at all! Wilkerson's book says it happens quite frequently, usually because a reefer thinks they're buying 2 percs or 2 occys and they actually get one of each. The only true way to tell them apart in some cases is to count dorsal fin spines which is VERY difficult on a swimming fish:) I'm not promoting hybrids btw:)

Some breeding programs are actually trying to cross breed species to get new clowns. Picassos are actually mutants that are selectively bred to produce more and more clowns like them...just as they do with pure bred dogs. They are amazing to look at though!

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my black clown will not get along with my orange clown. they were in seperate tanks for about a year, and now that i have a single tank they are together. but they would not have it and had to be seperated before they killed eachother.

they would lock mouths and wiggle pretty hard. so the orange one had to go to the fuge.

i have no idea what species they are.

btw.........i wouldnt call any of these varients mutants. all the breeders do is find a recessive expressed phototype, and then breed them together to preserve a pure hemozygous dominant phenotypic blood line. i think hitler tried to do the same thing....lol :hammer:

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are amazing Dustin. Here are mine.

I can't wait for them to start developing the black like yours!

CHR_3640.jpg

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pick of mine 5 months ago. I have to get an updated pick of the female. She is a beauty. The story with the ORA picassos is one is an onyx perc and the other is the picasso colored perc. So my female has the onyx coloration on one side and I hope the black connects like that on the other side. I want to get a few more of them they are so awesome. I also have the ORA naked Occelaris. Some people hate them but I love them.

DSC_0554.jpg

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are such beautiful fish! I wish I could afford picassos but at least for now they seem to be quite pricey

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my pair of picassos yesterday :) They are doing wonderfully and I hope to post pics soon :)

Fishboy42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish everyone!

I've had spawning activity from a hybrid pair A. ocellaris x percula, but the offspring weren't anything special (still have a few hundred of them...), so I've switched the mates in favor of "pure" pairs.

Matt

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of "Picasso offspring" for my nano. They are not considered True Picassos as ORA deemed them not "messed up" enough to qualify as true Picassos.

P7260351.jpg

P7260348.jpg

P7260346.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back