Picked up an rw8 powerhead

  • Thread starter Thread starter sbrodacz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sbrodacz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2015
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a used re8 powerhead and I am trying to figure out where the best place to put it in my 75 gallon. Right now it seems like it's too powerful and just blower everything.

Right now it's off but you can see where I have it.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1446078159.974518.jpg
 
I moved it to the front corner and down about 5" angling it up and it made a huge difference.
 
My two RW-8s came in today. I am in the same boat trying to figure out where I will place them in my 125 gallon tank.
 
I am running a RW8 and a RW4 on my 54g corner tank. I have the RW8 in the back pointed at my rocks and my RW4 in the front so the flow goes across the front.

1446084776337.jpg


1446084785843.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new