Pico tanks, 1-2gal

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2021
Messages
615
Reaction score
676
Location
Ireland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to set up a Pico tank. I would like to see your tanks to get down some ideas.

I plan on building it from acrilic sheets and silicone. Any tips?

Got any stocking ideas(coral)?

Ill keeo you updated.
 
Silicone does not stick to acrylic well enough to build an aquarium out of it. It would likely split at the seams once full.

Check out this video on bonding acrylic:



lots of pico's to browse over in the nano forum: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/nano-reefs.89/

WIth the Mini-complete tank contest kicking off those have been my favorite threads lately.
 
Silicone does not stick to acrylic well enough to build an aquarium out of it. It would likely split at the seams once full.

Check out this video on bonding acrylic:



lots of pico's to browse over in the nano forum: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/nano-reefs.89/

WIth the Mini-complete tank contest kicking off those have been my favorite threads lately.

Thanks mate!
 
I'm looking to set up a Pico tank. I would like to see your tanks to get down some ideas.

I plan on building it from acrilic sheets and silicone. Any tips?

Got any stocking ideas(coral)?

Ill keeo you updated.
Ordered acrylic and glue! I am planning on doing a multi tank system with these!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new