Pics from last night and a lazy Filefish

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,751
Reaction score
2,772
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I killed 17 aptasia in my growout attached to this system. And then last night I killed about 30, mostly tiny. Tank is 96x36. My Filefish doesn’t eat them unless I am putting F-Aptasia on them. True story. He goes after them when I am killing them. Weirdest thing. Can you have 2 filefish in one system? I have put Berghia, but, I never know if they did anything. I tend to go in and kill my aptasia about every 2 weeks.

What do you do to keep these evil jerks at bay?

I wound up taking some pics too. They are attached.



IMG_6604.jpeg

IMG_6609.jpeg

IMG_6600.jpeg

IMG_6599.jpeg

IMG_6598.jpeg

IMG_6602.jpeg

IMG_6601.jpeg

IMG_6593.jpeg

IMG_6594.jpeg

IMG_6596.jpeg

IMG_6597.jpeg

IMG_6607.jpeg

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6613.jpeg

IMG_6615.jpeg
 
Last edited:
The colors, wow. You have grown some amazing pieces.

What about Peppermint?
 
The colors, wow. You have grown some amazing pieces.

What about Peppermint?
I wonder if I am getting the correct version. My understanding is that there are only 2 kinda of Peppermints that eat small sized aptasia? I need to find out if that’s true and if so which are the little buggers that will wreak havoc on those creatures, lol. The
 
I wonder if I am getting the correct version. My understanding is that there are only 2 kinda of Peppermints that eat small sized aptasia? I need to find out if that’s true and if so which are the little buggers that will wreak havoc on those creatures, lol. The
I’ve used Berghia twice with success. Beautiful tank, well done!
 
IME stripeys do great against aptasia.
 
Great-looking photos!
 
IME stripeys do great against aptasia.
I like this idea. Anything that goes in my tank likely is in to stay. I am not breaking my rocks apart, there is so much encrusting from rock to rock I would destroy a lot. If he started eating coral I don’t know what I would do, lol. I could start it out in my grow out tank connected to the same system. It’s 48x30x22. I’ll have to check their diet and see if I have to adjust what I am doing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new