Pics of my 29 gallon biocube! Enjoy

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not my official tank thread but thought I would show my month and a week old saltwater tank. (this is my first sw tank)

Inhabitants- chalk basslet
Inverts-2 peppermint shrimp
Corals- all Lps
Xmas favia
2 acans
Lavender mushroom(I'm not to fond of:squigglemouth: )

Paly/zoas: magicians, red people eater
And my newest addition a mummy eye chalice !

Eventually: a pair of ORA snowflake clowns
Ricordea garden
Chalices
Some more zoas and palys
Frogspawn or torch coral
A clam
Maybe a Monti and an acro

Stock equipment except not running the carbon biocube tray. I have carbon filled media bag instead and also have filter floss over the tray in comp two.

Equipment that I will be soon getting:
Tunze 9002 skimmer
And a LED lighting system from reefkoi.

Pics
3804235b.png

20fab321.png

3fec206a.png

3804235b.png

dc896a09.png

6dfe9c7d.png

03567137.png

2755c281.png

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, looks like you have yourself a little collection going on already after just a month so so. Those Magicians will look great if you can grow a big colony of them.

OP
OP
B

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I love the magicians the big one is like the size of a nickel growing like crazy ! Started with one polyp 3 weeks ago and now has a big a medium and one more is coming in.
And does anyone have an id for the mini colony of zoas/palys? Well if it has one.

OP
OP
B

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it ! The chalice didn't show up for me the first time and when I post it the pics show up .wow haha

funeman86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good man i too just got a magician and i fell in love with it i can see it at all times love it keep us posted on any more pics to come. Check out my tank on here and let me know what you think :)

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Do you have just the daylights on or is that how it always looks, I guess with it being leds I figured it would be a bit more blue. I got to get me some magicians.

OP
OP
B

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh these are the stock lights on the bc so yes these are the day lights ! I will be getting LEDs soon haha
The tank is a little different now iv added 4 rics and some nuke greens palys
A bunch of corals coming in soon from sexy corals !
Iv also recently added my tunze with the intank custom cup and an intank media rack.

re-fin-away

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking biocube. Nice choice on the ORA snowflake clowns. They will look nice in there. I cant wait to see pics of the coral you get from SC. Are you going to do DIY led's?

OP
OP
B

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I'm getting reefkoi evolutions 100 watt 20k and I can't wait for the sc corals either I got some sexy stuff coming in! And snowflakes are not the clowns il probably get , il either get a pair of black ice/smores or premium picassos! I can't wait!

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like your rock work. the cove look is always my favorite but i have heard its hard to get good flow in the back of the cove. had any problems like that?

OP
OP
B

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you it's a little different from the pictures but to help the flow problems I added a koralia nano 250gph at the back corner of the aquarium (right where the fish is in its pic is where it is there is a a tunnel running from left side of the tank to the right, I will try to put up more pics giving more detail) I plan on adding some dendros to the cave as well :bigsmile:

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking pics!!! Cant wait to see the evolution light on your tank...should make a huge difference!!

OP
OP
B

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man ! All these guys up on the site have indirectly taught me how to reef! haha and books help ! Sexy stuff should be here this week. I'm thinking of switching over to pellets with a once a week treat of mysis because I have a little cyano problem and I feed mysis everyday but I see little shrimp particles than are uneaten! Any suggestions on a pellet food brand?

funeman86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ocean nutrition they have a few different sizes get the smallest pellets nano pellets everything can eat it ive even fed it too my zoas they love it :)

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back