Pin Hole on Clownfish Side While Quarantined

SeaHorseQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’ve been quarantining this clownfish and he developed a hole on his side. Has anyone seen anything like it? My first thought is parasites but it could be bacteria infection? He’s been getting metroplex in his food. It’s gotten a little bigger. The white specks on his tail left him thankfully but not sure what to do with this. I lost my other fish to brooks disease and this guy didn’t have contact with them.

IMG_3816.jpeg
IMG_3815.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi, I’ve been quarantining this clownfish and he developed a hole on his side. Has anyone seen anything like it? My first thought is parasites but it could be bacteria infection? He’s been getting metroplex in his food. It’s gotten a little bigger. The white specks on his tail left him thankfully but not sure what to do with this. I lost my other fish to brooks disease and this guy didn’t have contact with them.

IMG_3816.jpeg
IMG_3815.jpeg
This looks like either an anemone sting or bite mark from a fellow tank-mate

OP
OP
SeaHorseQueen

SeaHorseQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like either an anemone sting or bite mark from a fellow tank-mate
It's possible I haven't noticed it until recently. I've had him for a couple weeks or so. He was with other clowns when I bought him so he could have been bitten. Before that, I couldn't tell you if he was near an anemone or not though. I can't remember if he was in the tank with one or not. I was more focused on trying to take him home and treat him for what was supposed to be a bacterial infection. But, he's not as dull as he once was. He had kanaplex when he first came home.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 52 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 10 8.1%
Back