Pine Street Pets

shananigans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from Pine Street Pets and they said they decided to move, not close. There's a pad of paper on the counter to put your name and email. She's going to let people know where and when they move. Tanks were almost all empty though, no coral and like 3 fish. Lots of birds left though!

ken_wied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they are going to be focusing primarily on birds now and will have 0 freshwater and possibly some salt - but not much. A friend of mine went in there and found this out.

OP
OP
shananigans

shananigans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounded like they wanted to stay in Green Bay but are having a really hard time finding a place. She said they have to be out in two weeks.

nkelr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it would be great if we had a good pet store down here in neenah. i here the old pick n save is still vacant. maybe they can get that store and make a foxvalley aquarium superstore like that pet place. they would have my business all day long

ken_wied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be cool!!! But unfortunately, I don't think that a pet store that size would make it very long around here.

nkelr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont see why not. you pretty much have an area of very little pet stores and the ones that do exist are small horrible little storefronts that are struggling to stay alive and make a buck anyway they can by selling sick fish for reduced prices. also you have a hobby that demands the best of quality and care and if one thing goes wrong that person would be out thousands. so you end up with a group of people that are taking trips to milwaukee and madison, ordering stuff online and trading with other hobbiests to try and keep their tank going because suplies are so scarse and livestock is not anywhere near quality and the stuff that is quality is sold at an inflated price because the demand outweighs the supply. i think that this would be the perfect area for a pet superstore that had knowlegable employees and good prices able to get everything thinkable for our pets. i would do it myself if i had the means to do so and the support. if a few store owners got together and combine their resourses i think they would be unstoppable and would start attracting business from the whole state and maybe even out of state.

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do know about midwest coral farm opening up down in chi town area...so having one in rinelander and one in chi town...i realy dont think having a major store like your describing here in the valley would be a good idea...just my thought.

nkelr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, but how far is rhinelander from here???? TOO FAR!!!!!! and chi town even farther. the drive isnt worth it unless you have some other reason to go out there and just happen to mosie on in, or you really are a fish addict and then you need HELP. i mean i LOVE my fish to death and wouldn't want nothing but the best for all 3 of my tanks, but the drive is not worth the effort. has anyone ever been out to lancaster PA to go to that pet place. that place is HUGE. about double the size of any petco. i was there when i lived out there for one of there famous 50% off sale and there were people lined up down the street to get in there. you basicly had to camp out there in order to have any chance of getting anything good. and forget about finding a parking space. better off parking in the city of lancaster and taking the bus out there. another good one out there that is all aquatic is the hidden reef. they had a grand opening sale and were mobbed all day. took 2 weeks to restock all their tanks. that kind of store of that caliber would be great here in the valley. might even blow petco out of the water (dont get me started on petco).

crabbejoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petland in Appleton didn't last too long. They had a Little of everything. Even were starting to get some saltwater.

nkelr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not yet i just learned of them and i plan a trip up there next time i am in the area. green bay is still a far ride from neenah. might not be as far from kaukauna, but its far for me. it would just be nice to have a store closer that sells quality and you can actually turn around in without bumping into something or getting bit by a talking parrot (just pets).

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol neenah isnt that far from gb.Man i have driven hours for some of the stuff in my tank and dont think its a big deal.

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was looking at actually opening a store, with the cost of retail space around here and in order to actually pay myself plus one helper (I figured minimum wage-which has gone up-for the helper and $30,000/year for myself) you'd need to pull in about $30,000 a month ($360,000/annually) to make it worthwhile. Just something to chew on.

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not yet i just learned of them and i plan a trip up there next time i am in the area. green bay is still a far ride from neenah. might not be as far from kaukauna, but its far for me. it would just be nice to have a store closer that sells quality and you can actually turn around in without bumping into something or getting bit by a talking parrot (just pets).

yeah appleton is 20 min from here and green bay is the same....i have gone to fosters twice now and a 3 hour trip there is not to bad...chi town is may be 3.5 hours...so that would be worth it for me...i have see pics of the new one down there and i might say we could all do a trip to there also this next year....
there has ben a few stores that have tried salt and they just wither away for 3 reasons i be leave....

(1) no reputation in the area
(2) trying to hard to make money on one sale instead on many

some have tried the low prices but not have the rep...some people just walk by...

(3) plus its location, location, location....

having room to walk around would be nice but room cost more money to rent...which in turn drives the prices up a little so they can pay for things...its hard for a fish store to sell cheep and still pay for the place when they are just starting out

granted just pets has higher prices...he has the reputation and has many returning costumers.

ken_wied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drive to GB from Appleton every day for work. It's not that bad of a drive. You definitely need to visit Reef's. One of, if not the best store around.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back