Pink Cadillac Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter mervin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mervin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Messages
28
Reaction score
3
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!

I see this patch under branches that’s missing tissue….Is it from shading, pest, what do you think is causing it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_0447.jpeg IMG_0446.jpeg
 
what do you think it is? Thanks
 
Looks like a flat worm but i don’t think they bother sps
 
Thanks for the input? Should I get some waterproof underwater lights and aim it at that spot?
 
Thanks for the input? Should I get some waterproof underwater lights and aim it at that spot?
No don’t do that.

Coverage helps with shading. Think T5, LED bars, and big panel LEDs.
 
This bonsai colony is in the back corner of my tank. You can see the dead spot on the bottom similar to your pick above.

T5 helps, but some shading is inevitable.
IMG_1511.jpeg
 
Wow! Thanks for all the help guys! Looks like I need way more light coverage. Unfortunately, I have a mixed tank. Many of the lower light corals won’t appreciate increased par/coverage.
 
Or you can try to increase the flow in the tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new