Pink Hiatin Anemone Problem

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The op posted a new pic on the other thread. I'm at least hopeful for a happy ending.

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The op posted a new pic on the other thread. I'm at least hopeful for a happy ending.
Im not. Who in their right mind puts a painted hermit crab shell in a saltwater aquarium then thinks its a great idea to buy an anemone. The sand literally looks like walmart sand

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im not. Who in their right mind puts a painted hermit crab shell in a saltwater aquarium then thinks its a great idea to buy an anemone. The sand literally looks like walmart sand
It may be. Either way, this is an opportunity to steer her in the right direction. Being concerned about the nem is a positive sign that it matters.

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B
156640044476485048564511487655.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be. Either way, this is an opportunity to steer her in the right direction. Being concerned about the nem is a positive sign that it matters.
Zeal for your information dont have to be rude and my sand was from petco so if your gonna Be Rude dont reply.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Let's say the op is totally unprepared for this type of obstacle...best way to contain the nem for transport back to the LFS?
Place it in small container or of stuck to rock, take whole rock and have them take it off for you and return rock to you

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Zeal remember that not all new reefers have the privilege to get here (R2R) first and get the right knowledge to start a saltwater fish tank. Sometimes lack of knowledge or they go to their local LFS that just want to sell something and now see the frustration.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Going to be blunt you clearly have no idea what you're doing.

Theres 1 hermit crab painted shell in the tank, and who knows if theres anymore.

The sand you're using looks like the completely wrong.

I feel bad for that 1 fish and you're anemone. Please do some research before getting into this hobby, these are living animals not toys. From what I see I can imagine the suffering these animals are enduring.

That is not a real fish...it's a plastic painted fish. I've seen them for sale at dollar stores and Walmart on occassion.

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd pull out ANYTHING painted in the tank. Most things degrade in salt water. I am still learning every day here!
Thank You Guys So Much And My Fish Are Perfect In There And So Is My Shrimp They Are Moving Around Really Good And @Zeal no matter how much you do research Your Not gonna be a salwater expert and my sand is from petco Not Walmart Thank you and people have Had Saltwater fish for years and are still learning.

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones do tend to deflate and reinflate at times. It's their way of flushing out the old water and refilling with new. My green bubble tip does it every day at 4:00 p.m. like clockwork.
I was reading about certain ones that do that and you just repeating It popped in my head that's probably what she was doing I just fed her she is eating Great Bought her shrimp

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started this hobby totally ignorant. It's a wonder our tank survived at all. Honestly, if it wasn't for R2R, it wouldn't have. You wouldn't believe what a lfs told us was ok.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back