Pink Hiatin Anemone Problem

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I will do a little Bit Right Now How many times a week do I give them some frozen treats
I feed frozen most of the time and pellets 2x a week too. Some people only feed pellets though. Treats? Lol yeah. You're going to make a great reef mom.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably only want to add a couple more fish in that tank. Any more and it could get overcrowded. And I'd wait until you get some more rock added too. The rock provides a haven for the bacteria to live that break down the fish poop, and you already need more rock. 1 lb per gallon is a rough rule of thumb.

After you add the rock, give the bacteria a week or so to grow before adding more fish, or you could cause an ammonia spike that could harm or kill your fish.

When you are ready for new fish, a couple of clowns are always a popular choice, and they'll hold their own against the wrasses. Another good choice would be a diamond goby -- he'd really like sifting through by that fine sand you have and they are fun to watch dig. A damsel or chromis would also stand up to the wrasses. Avoid firefish or mandarins as they'll get bullied to death.

You don't have room for a tang or angel, so avoid those.

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably only want to add a couple more fish in that tank. Any more and it could get overcrowded. And I'd wait until you get some more rock added too. The rock provides a haven for the bacteria to live that break down the fish poop, and you already need more rock. 1 lb per gallon is a rough rule of thumb.

After you add the rock, give the bacteria a week or so to grow before adding more fish, or you could cause an ammonia spike that could harm or kill your fish.

When you are ready for new fish, a couple of clowns are always a popular choice, and they'll hold their own against the wrasses. Another good choice would be a diamond goby -- he'd really like sifting through by that fine sand you have and they are fun to watch dig. A damsel or chromis would also stand up to the wrasses. Avoid firefish or mandarins as they'll get bullied to death.

You don't have room for a tang or angel, so avoid those.
Okay so how many more rocks and what size like 2 more big ones and 2 small ones and should I throw a medium in there too?. And thanks for letting me know what kind of fish I will go bigger once I become better at this right now 14 gallon is good for me to start out with.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would guess the rock you have is about 6 pounds by looking at it.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try to get your rock to total 14lbs ish.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The size of the rock doesn't really matter, it's just the total amount in pounds that you need to be concerned with. So get whatever size looks pleasing to you, just so long as you end up with 12 -14 lbs of it in total.

Some fish like to hide in little nooks and crannies, especially to sleep, so be sure to arrange it to have a few of those. I have a couple of passthrough caves, and my six-line wrasse is constantly swimming through them.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back