Pink *******, or tyree pink watermelon? Please help id!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter mega
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mega

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2014
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
129
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5ca4c1b12497f3a6a6adce9aac023c17.jpg



086e0f965774f24be73ff6bfd705ae93.jpg
 
No green rim so can't be a watermelon. Need a better pick of eyes to confirm pink *******.

If it's one or the other I pick pink
 
Not real sure if thats Pink ******* and if it is what one SDGuy or Vivid's. Who did you get it from?
 
How long have you had it/. What is the growth rate on chalice corals. I've never had one. What they sell in the store is so small I could not justify buying one.
 
The part above the disc was when I got it 9 months ago. When I got it, I did not have room so it was at the bottom of the tank. I could not target feed it so it was not growing much. That picture was taken about 3-4 weeks ago. Lately someone was asking to buy it so I took the picture and brought it up to the frag rack. I have been feeding it often and I can see it grows a lot faster. If you can turn off the flow and feed lps pellets, I think they grow even faster. However, in general, PB chalice are not fast growing type like Hollywood stunner.

It was like this
attachment.php
 
Im not thinking it's Pink *******. But.....sweet chalice!!
 
Neither watermelon or pink *******. It is a nice piece was it a named coral when you got it. If not it just may be a nicely grown un-named or orphan if the named can not be traced
 
Neither watermelon or pink *******. It is a nice piece was it a named coral when you got it. If not it just may be a nicely grown un-named or orphan if the named can not be traced
thinking it might be a pink watermelon there is a faint green rim growing around it
 
Pink ******* will have multicolored eyes like this
16819f3ac6daae82d6556e0ad899670a.jpg

Maybe your light isn't strong enough for the yellow to come through, I don't know. Yours is very similar to a pink ******* though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new